Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

LOts of what ifs!! Had I waited for the second deer we would have picked up another 100 pts. I still think what we all earned here is greater than the deer in the freezer, for some at leastLOL. This contest realy makes my season and hope it does yours.

Any one getting ready for turkey??
Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my new toy guys. She's a beauty.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow Rybo - that bow's a beaut!

Is that some kind of laminate with bamboo incorporated into the layering? Looks awesome man.

Do they advise that you take the string off during storage, or is it kosher to leave it on there?? I used to un-string my recurve when I was a kid, and man was that ever a mother to re-string. I'd have one end of the bow wedged under the couch, in some kind of figure-4 leglock, leaning back on it trying to fasten the opposite end. LOL They make a nifty little tool for that, but I never had one. I was a little slow in my younger days.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, bamboo over top Osage and walnut. I only strung it up for the picture, otherwise they said tostore itunstrung.
Bow stringers are the simplest things, but I too did that stepover leg lock to string em up back in the day. [8D]With recurves that's bad, with longbows its ok. You actually can't use a stringer on a longbow unless you rig it up. You have to do the step over thing or keep the stringer off the limb tips.

AR34,
Yea I am starting to see birds a little more often so its making me get a little anxious for the season. But our season is still so far off.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, I am getting wound up for my first spring turkey hunt. I will be going May 3rd - the 7th. I am going to a turkey seminar ini 2 weeks at Cabelas. I figured it would be a good idea as long as I am a beginner at this.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah man, if you're just starting out, it won't hurt hitting up a calling seminar or two, grabbing a couple videos, etc... Prepare to be addicted.

I'd say that turkey hunting is my favorite form of hunting, but I usually only say that in turkey season. In bowseason, I say thatbow huntingis my favorite.In the winter, I say that rifle season is tops. After that, the sheds. In the summer, I say that groundhog hunting is my favorite. LOL Lots of favorites.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan, that is a nice bow. I'm sure you will have a blast shooting it. I always wanted to get one, but I know that come hunting season, the Mathews will be caling my name and the stick bow would be left at home.

Bigdaddy, forget about turkey hunting. It is addictive, expensive, and those little suckers will drive you insane. I would give you some of my tips, but it would be more of a what not to do list LMAO. Good luck to you.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys - sorry it has been a while - just been hammered! - Laurie and Connor are doing great! - (Laurie would be doing much better if she were getting more sleep - but that is just the way it goes!)

Ryan - love the new bow - was talking to J this weekend - I am thinking about shooting the recurve enough to hunt with it this year - we shall see!?! I shot cedars for a while - but just did not like them - Have some fiberglass arrows that flew pretty well - but for hunting will want to get either some alum or carbon that I feel comfortable with. I have been wanting to get a long bow for a while - just has not been the right time yet! (actually had the perfect opportunity this year - went down to KC for work and stopped at Cabelas - Laurie said "you are a big boy - if you see something you would like for Christmas pick it up" - but I was good!)

Fran - what is the deal - turkey hunting and bow hunting are not mutually exclusive! We can hunt all 4 seasons bow only - so that makes it nice. - Best of luck on the exam bud!

Anthony - nice pic's - the little one is a cutie! - ground resembles here.

Big Daddy - turks are addictive!

Better run - work is piling up!

M

Old 02-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out to pull my trail camera last night behind my house. Some POS beat me to it.[:@]It really ticks me off that I can't even leave a camera 200 yards behind my house.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Busy as a cat covering crap on hardwood here.. haven't been in for 4 days... sorry.....how's everyone?

Ryan, Iabsolutely love the bow! Best of luck with the new addition to the Williams family! Have fun, can't wait to see the first kill with in next fall...

Mike, glad to hear you and yours are all doing well! You feel like the one legged dude in thearse whipping contest right about now eh? Say hi to J for me and email some more pics of Conner when you have time. Dee wants to see some more! So do the boys..I hope with all thats going on, Garrett is still getting some daddy time right???! LOL I remember that scenariowith Jess when Ty was born...

Quick, I aint foundsquat lately.. snowedpretty good here latelyand really put a damper on us last weekend.. My Girls are kicking butt though, I have 4 maybe 5 more games this weekend countingour season endingtournament. We are 13-3 after a solid 20 point whoopin we put on our local rival tonight.

Dave, that SUCKS! man 200 yards from the house! somebody needs an arse whoopin..

Turkeys here pretty soon too Darren, I have been seeing some good sized flocks starting to congregate this week ..first sightings......Goodluck bud on the birds....