Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Merry Christmas XX guys and families. Be safe have fun.

Dave,
You leave me hangin, don't share the pic with me? Send me the link to the animal poop coffee, but leave out the one with the pretty girl[8D]

I plan to eat more cookies and food these next 5 days than I should. It'll either give me great reason to get out and shed hunt to burn it off, or it'll cause me to keel over while doing said activity.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys how are we all doing? Not to bad here except I have not seen a buck in a long time. The weather is not good. It is 60 degrees and rainy. I will be out all weekend trying to put one down.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all. I hope you have a good holiday season. Good luck and be safe.

William
Old 12-23-2006, 08:14 AM

It's been a while...not much time to post but I have been reading the other posts quite often.

Dave...You're going to mention a looker and then not send a PM to all of us with that thing with a nice rack - what's up with that?

All that are still hunting...Even though we had a considerable lead last year, I kinda know what you're feeling. I was on the same page last year but it wasn't quite as critical. Not to put any more pressure on you all but two more bucks and I think we've got this thing in the bag.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and a DRUNKEN NEW YEAR!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, just got back home from a 9 hour ride in the car. I had to go pick up my son in North dakota today. He will be here a week, then I have to take him back next weekend. Well, went out lastnight, and saw NOTHING, not even a bird or a squirrel.[:@]Wll gota go, Pizza is here. Oh, what do you all think of the thread about next years contest, and # of posts?? I wrote what I thought about it all, [:'(]Its kind of making me rethink signing up for next years contest. That is if something happens, and we dont win this thing so we can stay together.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Merry Christmas to all - we are down in the basement playing the Wii - well G is actually seeing how many trucks he can crash (playing) and the rest of us are laughing!

Darren - glad you get to spend the holidays with your son!

Merry Christmas to all and to all still hunting BIG BUCKS!

Old 12-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We had the family over, I made 7 pounds of pulled pork, slow cooked in the crock pot with Mauls BBQ sauce and a little beer...it was awesome. I've got enough leftovers if anyone wants to stop by lol. The kids got an air hockey table along with lots of other toys. They beat me like a rented mule at air hockey. I let them win the first game...after that, it was game on...and they STILL beat me.[&:]

Santa brought me a nice cordless drill and 100 piece drill bit set, a hang on stand and screw in steps, clothes, etc. The boss( at work...not the real boss lol ) gave me a Bass Pro card for $100, I spent that in a hurry lol.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:04 AM

Merry Christmas, belated at least.. Have been out a couple times ince last time I posted, took a lot longer to recover from that bugger of a cold and than the wife got it too so I was on kid duty full time... Had one nice buck (Well, for me at least, lol) come in but he hung up without a shot and than it just got to dark (We have been having lots of fog/ poor visability) for me to even want to attempt a shot. Frustrating to say the least...

Christmas was pretty basic for me, some shirts, a coat from Dad and some butchering equipment from the wife.. Yep. woman bought me a band saw for meat, lol... Guess that means she thinks I better bring something home to use it on?

Old 12-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey hope you guys had nice holidays. Mine went well, got Almost $200 in Bass Pro cards...wooo hoo. Plus some odds and ends.
Shot my last deer of the year this morning(shotgun). A doe that got donated to the hunters sharing the harvest program. I'll probably get out for some small game/scouting and predator calling the rest of the way. The yotes have been pretty active lately. Getting them in range is another story.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We are just cleaning up here after the trashing of the house! My boys really enjoy it with their gramps and grandma's. It was a nice time. Sounds like you guys all had a great time. Darren, I am glad to hearyou were able to pick up your son.

I'm done bowhunting fellas. No kills for 2006. No excuses. I didn't get it done on the bucks I was targeting.Hada couplegood opportunities and blew them....it's beena life changing and rewarding season for me.My perspective on bowhunting big forest-land whitetails is confirmed and I realize I have some serious work to do for next season. That scouting starts this week.

Remembering the true meaning of the season. I wish you all a peaceful and enjoyable holiday.

Have a great New Year fellas, get a couple bucksor one monster on the ground! Darren, Anthony and William, good luck! We can still win this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have faith in you fellas..someone pick me up! After all thats what a team does right?

Troy
Old 12-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year XX'ers.

IL, You better bring home the wife the MEAT! She is giving you all the hints. You dont want someone else giving IT to her, do you!!!
LOL

I did OK, Santa handed out a nice ground blind, goose decoys and a turkey decoy, and still have about 100 to blow at Cabelas.

The new land is looking good, I need to meet up with the guy this week to get a walk around!!! Best gift yet!!!!!

Have a safe holiday!

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.