Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team  "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread >

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Well, I got out Saturday and Tuesday and didn't see a deer. My brother missed a small 6 on Saturday but i know there are still some monsters on the property. Hopefully, I can find some more time to gat out and whack one of them.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Hey hey CCm352
Congrats on your doe too, right on guys now you have meat on the table and now can start concentrating on the buck of your dreams. Good luck and God Bless
Youngfart [8D]
Old 10-06-2005, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

Keep At er Bearklr
Your persistance will pay off sooner or later.
Youngfart
Old 10-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Hot Dang
Well boys I was out last nite and passed on 2 that were about 130ish, and one that was about 150. I drew on 2 doe's but, hot dang if they wouldn't both step that extra 5 inches for the shot. 1st 2 does came in at 6:10, the 2 bucks at6:50 then the last buck at 7:30,packed up andheaded back to where my buddy was to meet up with him, so I whistled to him and he started waving his arms. When I got to him he said he'd just had the biggestbuck at 15 yards.He was visably shaking,LMAO. I've been telling himfor 2 years that there were 2 of them on the property that werearound the 200 mark. Now he's a believer, LMAO. Trouble is he had a peep site on his bow and when he drew he couldn't see the deer. That's why I have been useing a no-peepsite for the last 3 years. If I can see it I can shoot it. Guess where he's at this morning? LMAO..Gone to buy one. Folks if you don't have one I highly recreamend one. Nothing likedrawing on that buck of a lifetime in those last minutes of lite and looking through the peep site to see that you can't see through it. Been there done it folks , take it from experience. Just need to give the no-peep a chance and practice. Most people will get rid of them cause they can't get the grouping with them as they do with the peep. True but it'll come with practice. Heck now I can group at 50yards in a 6 inch hole, and in my book thats as good as a 3 inch group. Now I can see what I'm shooting at.
Take Care N God Bless
Youngfart
Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

PASSED on 2 deer that average from 130 to 150----lmao-----you got some big deer in Alberta.I may be hunting in Alberta next year I hope.My brother in law lives there and hopefully I can swing it if the funds permit.My wife and kids will go and spend the rest of the time with her sister.I am keeping my fingers crossed,but not going to get to worked up over it.
I am also a true believer in the NP.Very accurate in my books and will never look at another string peep again
Old 10-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Morning FOlks
Just got in from my morning hunt. It was a cool one on stand this am,-3 here in the city and -7 in the outlying areas.Clear skies but got foggy by 8am. At 7:30 I caught 4 does heading back to their bedding area and drew and held but no shot. The deer decided to head back out to the field for a few more nibbles before their sack time. Called in a nice 4x4 at 8 but decided to let him walk, was a dandy too, probably in the 140 range. Lots of mass he walked where he was supposed too,I drew on him 3 seperate times and almost touched the trigger by accident.
As he was heading out onto the field the does left on I noticed movment to the left of him at 60 yards. One,two,three bucks,So I picked up my binocs to get a better look and almost imediatly put them down and said to myself I'll shoot him. I picked up my bow and secured my trigger and got ready,that bucksantlers was outside his ears at least 6 inches as he had his head tipped back so that I could see his throatand the width of his antlers. I was ready but he didn't come any closer.Well I'm seeing the bucks early this year and it's great to seeone of the big boys made it through last year. Hopefully I can get a good one this year fella's. Back out tonight to try another spot I have't been in yet and also a new property. Good luck guys and make sure you have your safty belts on onstand. Take care and God Bless.
Youngfart
Old 10-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Ex
If you do come to Alberta ,make sure you call me, I'll take ya out to some great spots and I don't need to go through all the crap to get you licened as I do for my friends from the states.Number's 780-463-3762.I mean it bud.
Youngfart
Old 10-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky---I really do appreciate that bud.My brother-in-law is from High Prairie.How far do you live from him?He is like 4 hours north of Edmonton.
Get ahold of troy and maybe the 3 of us can make a week of hunting those great bucks in your back yard.
Put up a few extra stands,looking better already.And thanks alot.I am trying not to get worked up over this,but reading all your posts on the big bucks isnt helping matters any
Again thank you
Jason
Good luck to you and your team
Old 10-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

Ex
It had to happen ,me and my buddy got skunked tonight,not one sighting,LOL. Had to happen sooner or later. Heard a ton and even thought I head my bud shoot one. I actually went back to thetruck to get my knives and change , but low n behold he was sitting on my tailgate . Saw nothing too. I heard about 3 at different times jump the fence behind and grabbed my bow to get ready but that was as good as it got. Man the leaves are noisy but the deer seem to slip right through them.I'll head back out in the am to the same spot I saw those bruisers this morning.Hopefully I can intecept them as thier coming of the field to their bedding area.Oh yeah ExI have a total of 26 different stands in place so I don't need any more ,LMAO. Can't get Troy up anymore neither,he let his chance go this year by not coming. That was his choice, lots of other people who are willing to come though.Talk to you tomorrow and keep safe my friend. God Bless
Youngfart
Old 10-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Down But Not Out
Was out again this am and it was warmer for a change +3 and a lite mist, never saw a dang animal,very quiet too. Only saw 3 does as I aproched my truck to leave. In the bush beside it LMAO. Well I'll try again tonight. Good luck folks and God Bless.
Youngfart [:@]

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.