Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team  "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread >

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Bravo Bravo Bravo CCM352
Man I wish I could say i got a doe . Now you have 2 , LOL. Congrats to you man. Your doing something right. Now you can spend some time concentrating on your buck. Well I still have 7 weeks to play with the big boys ,hopefully I can get one before the weeks out ,then I can use my other tag which comes into affect on the 25th. Keep up the good work CCM .
Youngfart
Old 10-18-2005, 06:58 AM

I hope so.. I still have 4 more doe tags and the one area I am looking at has a 15:1 doe to buck ratio. My buddy rile1564 connected on a nice 8 yesterday morning in our spot.. He is in team 28 the left overs.. Kudos to him!
Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Hey boys, went out yesterday and didnt see a deer, saw 2 small bucks on monday nite tho. Just got back from moving one of my stands, i'll prob let it set a week before hunting it, lots of good sign, i cant believe that i didnt hang it there in the first place. Well, we finally got some cooler weather moving in and hopefully the big boys will start to show up. I know they are there but are hanging out in the woods til after dark, I cant move my stand in the woods more than 20 yds from the field I hunt due to property lines so I just gotta wait it out. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well gentlemen, I am off to southern Illinois for the weekend. I'll be hunting corn fed giants all weekend.. hopefully one will present a shot!

Have had a horrid year thus far. Worst for me in about 6 years! While in stand I have only seen 6 deer, 9 coyote. There are now 3 less coyotes in the state because of me..!

good luck..gang.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:17 AM

I missed a dandy last night.. He came out right at dusk into field. I took a shot and let it go... I heard Thwack.. I saw the buck stumble.. I couldnt find my arrow or blood.. I went out this morning and nothing.. The buck stumbled because i scared the crap out of him with that arrow. It was in the mud and the back of the shaft must have hit him. the ground was beyond saturated. I walked over and sank in.. So I think he sank in as well.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys i decided to hunt from the ground today, had a 4 point come out about 15 yds from me. He never knew i was there, he just casually went about his business. About 20 minutes after the buck left the field 2 yearlings came out about 10 yds upwind from me. One of them walked straight to me and ended up getting about 4 ft. from me. I was crouched down next to some bushes but she couldnt quite make me out, I just wanted to reach out and flick her on the nose!! I tell ya what, it was one of the coolest experiences i've ever had while hunting. ASAT really does work like they say Good luck guys, I should get out quite abit this upcoming week, so im pretty pumped.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:57 AM

Still around, just out hunting more often. Nothing yet.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Going out here in a few hours and staying til dark, probably gonna pull an all day hunt tom. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

Let's go get 'em this weekend! They should start rutting soon!
Old 11-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

The Rut
Well boys i was out checking my 2 new spots I secured this year and bango,all around my 5 new stand placements are rubs and scrapes galore. I start holidays Wednesday morning and will start hunting from sun up to sun down daily for 10 days straight I'll will only shoot something 150 or better, and don't worry ,their lots to go around. Thats just my luck from where I am that I can be so choosey,so don't get down on me cause I won't shoot a smaller one. I'll have one posted beforenext week's out. God Bless and wear those safety belts.

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.