Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team  "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread >

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 11:36 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Well Folks
Nothing yet,was outyesterday for moose and called one into with in 40 yards but he choose to go north away from me. Then 2 bruiser bucks came in to about the same spot as the Moose was and did the same thing.These bucks were both wall hangers and one was huge in mass weighing close to the 400lb mark. He actually sounded like a Moose coming in breaking branches like a locamotive.They both would have scored in the 180's. Maybe thinking about moving this stand in a bit, but the travel coridor say no,as it is worn a foot into the ground.I'll be back out this afternoon,the tempature was -3 when I went out at 5am and their calling for -7 this morning and a high of 8, so the temps are good. Good luck to you all and ware those safety belts. God Bless.
[X(]Youngfart [X(]
Old 10-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys
Not sure about your location, but up here in Alberta, this is usally the majic week for tickling antlers to call in bucks. Just a thought and don't forget, their just trying it out and not for dominance yet.Their choosing the pecking order so just keep it to a tickle.
Youngfart

Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hey DukeMicheals
How can one see all the deer taken so far entered into the contest so that were not looking through every teams scripts. I've noticed it being said that it's at the top of the forums but still am not able to find it.
Youngfart []
Old 10-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey YF---glad to hear your having some close encounters.Good luck to ya.I hope you bag a whopper this year.
I am also glad to hear the weather is cooler there.Supposed to be in those temps by the weekend here as well.Hard to believe though,a high of I think 26c today,man its going to be a drastic change in weather.
Rockey----you will find all the deer entered in the contest at top of page titled "official score card"
Good luck to you and the team
Jason
Old 10-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Youngfart, look for "official score card" at the top of 2005 DEER HUNTING CONTEST. If you have any problems finding this.. just yell at me some more.

Sorry if it takes a day or two... I am trying to get some time in the stand. Unfortunatly for me its nearly 90 degrees today! This sucks!
Old 10-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Sorry if it takes a day or two... I am trying to get some time in the stand. Unfortunatly for me its nearly 90 degrees today! This sucks!
Quit your complaining, sally!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

[:@] Flip it
Well if a guy could blow it, I did , LMAO. Forgot my glasses and was stalking a bull moose. Trecked around about a 1/2 mile around a field to get to within 100 yards of him. Looked for him but he was nowhere in sight ,so I started to beloow to him. Then my buddy did the same for me from an island of bushes in the middle of the field. I still could not see him and continued to take a few steps to getcloser. All to no avail, my buddy caught up with me and asked why I didn't shoot him at 50 yards. I said shoot what? He said he was standing broadside at 50 yards just a few more steps and I would have seen him in the middle of the fieldaround the bend in the treeline I was along. Dang ,oh well that's bow huntingand next time I'll wear my glasses. I refuse to wear them but I guess father time says I need to wear them. Lessons of life, I give up. Thanks Dukmicheals and Extreme for the info on the Deer that have been taken in the contest. I finally found them LOL.
Youngfart

Old 10-05-2005, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

Hey boys, got to go out for the first time this year. Not too much action, it was pretty warm. I did manage to arrow a nice doe so it ended up to be a pretty good nite after all.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

JTE248
Well congrats to you JTE on your doe,any animal by bow is a feat in itself ,so good on ya my freind. I didn't get out this am as the winds were gusting to 4okms . I'll give another try tonight.
Youngfart
Old 10-06-2005, 06:55 AM

Let me amend my previous post.. I also did wack a doe on Saturday morning. I think shooting hours started around 6:20.. If it was that when I shot her it was late! 10 yards thru the liver and lungs.. she took 3 hops and dropped.. 78 pounds dressed out.

Ill be out after work tonite.. and then saturday in the rain!

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Bad News Bucks" (4) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.