Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

God or not

Old 06-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: God or not

I believe in God because I have saw him. You might be skeptical of me as a non believer and say that youve never saw him. No eyes can see God, but if you look with your heart you will clearly see him.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Okay did BBS have a new upgrade or is my computer messing up again?
Old 06-16-2005, 03:21 PM

I think they had an upgrade Redhawk, my puter looks a little funky too.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:53 PM

I do even though I never show it or act like it.

Besides, how else would we have been put here?
Old 06-16-2005, 11:43 PM

ok, i believe in evolution, i believe in god.
who can't believe in evolution when evolution is happening around us every day. very slowly, but it happens. (you don't need to have an o prestigious major in anthropology to know that one) and it totally makes sense to. things adapt to their surroundings, and their body and bodily functions change to match those surroundings the best they possibly can. that can looked at a very simple explanation of races. people living in africa became darker skinned in order to resist the heat of the sun. an african americans skin is equivilant to spf 500. evolution is basically a genetic changing of a trait. and however slowly that may occur, it does happen. statistics say we are a much taller society than a few hundred years ago. a trait has transformed to somehow match our surroundings. and as hunting girl said, there were dinosaurs, there are skeletons of neandrethals and such. but that still doesn't mean that god couldn't have put this all into action. i believe in more of the catholic belief of the bible, that being to not take it literally, but live by the lessons it teaches. because if the bible really was to be taken literally, and anyone who has read the whole bible looking for accuracy, theyd see it is totally innacurate. the bible says the world is flat and this and that. and thats just on the first few pages. the bible is not to be taken literally, but the teachings are. its like teaching a kid a lesson in life by reading him a childrens book about not lying or something. or how to better stay organized kind of books, but being told how through story.

to all the people who don't believe in god, just take note that you are trying to prove us wrong too, its a two sided thing, so stop acting like your a victim. and for those who say there is no evidence, there is a TON of evidence. the shrouds with jesus's face/body on it is just one example. it can't be proven or disproven authentic by either side, but its still tangible evidence.

but think where everything came from, and how it got here, all of you "history or science majors" would say big bang or some other theory, but how did that theory play out. we just can not understand how things work. why is it that humans are the only beings with true logic instead of instinct? think of how our brains allow us to think, just think how the process of evolution work, no scientist has even close to all the answers. "the more you know, the more you know how much you don't know"

and it seems that there is like a core of 5 or 6 people on this board that just back eachother up nonstop, and are just arrogant to everyone elses opinions. nobody is trying to convert you. just trying to provoke a little thought.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:47 PM

plus, for all those who don't believe that there is a god because too much bad stuff happens...

if you've truly read the bible huntinggirl, you'd know that god doesnt interfere and CANNOT interfere with what happens on earth. he doesnt give people disease, he doesnt kill people, our own actions and our own decisions and other peoples decisions and actins kill people, and bring on disease. some people are dealt the short end of the stick. just shows us to be thankful for what we have. we have free will. what ever happens is a direct or indirect result from what someone either in the present or in the past has done. which is the exact reason why we need to live good, responsable lives. because who knows,your one little irresponsable act could negatively effect thousands in the future. either mentally, or physically.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some good posts in here, at least i don't have to edit or delete anything so that's good

And i was talking to someone in admins. they upgrade it so the chatroom should be working now
Old 06-17-2005, 10:43 PM

i know i havnt posted in forever

pdoughertyMu

There are hundreds of occasions where God did something that had an impact on peoples lives in the Bible and even today. and lets see he is God right? He created everything right? So if hes God then he can do whatever the heck he wants. There is no cannot with God. Actually God must allow everything that happens. He does not cause it but satan does. satan must first be allowed to commit these things by God. This is clearly seen in the story of Job.

Please give me the verse that says the world is flat. Along with several other of the inaccuarcies.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

HELLO?!??!! the 7 plagues??? didn't that kinda have an impact on people's lives??? he kinda interfered there didn't he??? whoa... guess somebody needs to check his own book

and i'm not afraid of any of you converting me... because you never will... i don't believe in life after death, i don't believe in the dead coming back to life or 'resurrecting' or any of that jazz... was there a jesus? i don't know, i wasn't alive back then... i've never seen a miracle, i've seen science hard at work... i've brought people back with my own two hands... thats pretty damn special don't you think?? hmm... maybe if i grow a beard and walk around in a white robe then people will follow me too?? just maybe??

i don't believe in any of that holier than thou crap... i've studied a ton of religions... wanna know what i think? i think they evolved just like people evolved from the muck and slime... why are we so smart? i don't know... personally i think animals are smarter... but then again why are slugs so dumb? or are they dumb? maybe they're the ones who WE should be bowing down to... but wait... science can tell me that they aren't smart... or at least not as developed... how far do you have to go in life before you're considered smart anyway? i know some pretty stupid people... they'll never change...

ok.. rant is finished
Old 06-18-2005, 10:47 AM

HELLO! maybe if you read that i said the book is symbolic...not to be taken literally....it's full of story's used to teach us a lesson. because not even god would just go kill a bunch of innocent kids because of what their parents have done..and just spare the jews. the old testament and the new have conflicting messages, the old is more eye for an eye, while the new is more turn the other cheek.

settle down....see, you start turning things into an argument instead of a discussion.

i do not see how you can say we are not the smartest. we are at the top of the foodchain. we can use our surroundings to create absolutely anything we want. we can kill things 100x stronger and bigger and deadlier than ourselves with only one of us and what we create. that is how we are smarter..you know what.. maybe there is no god, maybe there is. but its something or someone that we have used to explain the unexplainable. and for now, thats the reason i believe in. ill be the last person to say im holier than anybody else. you just put words in my mouth.

we are the ultimate survivors and the ultimate adapters. we occupy every continent of the world except for one, which some people still go on and im sure there are people there now. id like to see an argument on how animals are smarter. because i personally do not see how anyone can say that.

some bibles show a sketch of what the world looked like according to the writers of the bible. check to see if your bible has that. its in the book of genesis, where it talks about creating the world. or how about jonah being inside of a live whale for a while, or noah taking 2 of every species of animal on the arc while the entire world flooded. just stuff like that. its impossible. but it teaches a lesson on how to live. ill look some more concrete historical ones up tonight if i have nothing to do, because i know it has a lot of them, i just don't memorize bible versus or anyting. haha. but i went to a catholic school for 12 years and we studied all this stuff every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.