HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - God or not
Thread: God or not
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 10:47 AM
pdoughertyMU

Default RE: God or not

HELLO! maybe if you read that i said the book is symbolic...not to be taken literally....it's full of story's used to teach us a lesson. because not even god would just go kill a bunch of innocent kids because of what their parents have done..and just spare the jews. the old testament and the new have conflicting messages, the old is more eye for an eye, while the new is more turn the other cheek.

settle down....see, you start turning things into an argument instead of a discussion.

i do not see how you can say we are not the smartest. we are at the top of the foodchain. we can use our surroundings to create absolutely anything we want. we can kill things 100x stronger and bigger and deadlier than ourselves with only one of us and what we create. that is how we are smarter..you know what.. maybe there is no god, maybe there is. but its something or someone that we have used to explain the unexplainable. and for now, thats the reason i believe in. ill be the last person to say im holier than anybody else. you just put words in my mouth.

we are the ultimate survivors and the ultimate adapters. we occupy every continent of the world except for one, which some people still go on and im sure there are people there now. id like to see an argument on how animals are smarter. because i personally do not see how anyone can say that.

some bibles show a sketch of what the world looked like according to the writers of the bible. check to see if your bible has that. its in the book of genesis, where it talks about creating the world. or how about jonah being inside of a live whale for a while, or noah taking 2 of every species of animal on the arc while the entire world flooded. just stuff like that. its impossible. but it teaches a lesson on how to live. ill look some more concrete historical ones up tonight if i have nothing to do, because i know it has a lot of them, i just don't memorize bible versus or anyting. haha. but i went to a catholic school for 12 years and we studied all this stuff every day.