Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
What have you all been up to? >

What have you all been up to?

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What have you all been up to?

Old 09-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

andy, i know far strech to guess that one. im 20, live in illinois. lets see...working between 50 and 75 hours a week, working at the water company, work also at the farm. then got a girl friend that eats up a fair amount of money and time. i hunt coyote, deer, dove, squirel, rabbit, just bout anything really lol. i wish i had more time to do other things...but 75 hours of work, and 16 hours a week at school takes up bout my whole time. i go to U of I in champaign illinois.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Jake, 19, Going Youngstown State University in Youngstown Ohio. I'm majoring in Criminal Justice and Psychology hopefully headed to the fbi in about six more years. I ride dirtbikes. Hunt and shoot. I also work about 20 hrs. a week. and the gf take up some time as well.
-Jake
Old 09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

Leah
Im a canuck. hockey and rugby are the only sports that exist in my world, ive been hunting and fishing since i could walk. 20 yrs. old and i wont be on here very much at all anymore at least until the holidays because im taking nursing in college and i basically have no life now at all lol

-CC
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

CC....you dont hace a few minuies a day to pop in? i just pop in here when i just cant study anymore or do any homework...when i feel like im readin and not takin anything in...then go back to it. well i never feel like im takin anything in...maybe thats why my grades arent all A's
Old 09-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know several people who went through nursing. They really dont have all that time Andy
Old 09-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Caleb,

Im 19, live in Chatham, Ohio and work as a Fire Fighter/EMT. Im a trail camera junkie and i i have recently got into filming my hunts. This will be my 4th season bowhunting whitetails and gobblers in Ohio. Ive met alot of guys from this site in person, and have made some great friends. I dont come here nearly as often as i used to, as i have a new home on the internet. I recently got a new girlfriend after being with the old one for almost 2 years.

Pictures are worth a thousand words, so here you go:

My girl:

My job:

I have been in love with the Green Bay Packers for 15 seasons now, and Aaron Rodgers is my early season pick to win the MVP

BUT my favorite player in the NFL is none other then the only defensive player to EVER win the Heisman trophy, Mr. Charles Woodson himself

My favorite hobby:

And most importantly,

I have been on a quest that's now entering its 3rd year, and that is too kill the legendary buck named "Freak Daddy" that lives somewhere in the state of Ohio. Many a man has tried to kill this majestic beast of a deer, but none has yet succeeded.

My history with this animal is great:

2007 and 2008 sheds together:

2008 trail camera pictures from a buddies farm:

Video of him from my October 25th, 2005 Bowhunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcYzEXP8LmI

Anything else you would like to know?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by andy da animal
CC....you dont hace a few minuies a day to pop in? i just pop in here when i just cant study anymore or do any homework...when i feel like im readin and not takin anything in...then go back to it. well i never feel like im takin anything in...maybe thats why my grades arent all A's

thats exactly why i was on here last night i had to read a big chapter on the history of nursing and i got super bored lol

-CC
Old 09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody cares about Mods so i'm not going into detail

Just in a slump that I am still struggling to get over but will eventually.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Red dont be so pessimistic, your a member of the young hunters crew, and prevent me from being the only person from CA in this part of the forum... What have you been up to?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I'm Stephanie, turned 19 in July, married since April 9, 2007, mother of Miriam who will be two-years old on Oct. 22. Found out recently that I'm expecting again. Just started my second year of college. Planning to go on for Ph.D and do research in embryology.

I love hunting. My husband introduced me to it. I had never even thought of hunting, fishing, or shooting before. I've gotten two does, one my first year and one last Fall. I coudn't hunt the second year because of Miriam. We also hunt rabbits and woodchucks and have gotten quite a few of those. We eat the woodchucks which are just a big squirrel. There is no closed season on woodchucks in Michigan. Of course they hibernate in the Winter so it's only a Spring through Fall thing.

My favorite gun is a Hawken style muzzleloader, .50 caliber. I got both my does with a bow. It's a 30 pound pull Pro-line youth bow which we bought used. I can't use a bigger bow since I'm really small, 4'7" and 73 pounds. There is no draw weight limit in Michigan which makes it possible for kids and small people like me to bow hunt. We don't hunt from a stand. We track the deer. We're both busy so we don't get a lot of time to hunt.

We are Shirley, all three of us and we are huge fans of the CSU Rams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.