HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What have you all been up to?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 AM
sachiko
Little Doe Peep

Smile

I'm Stephanie, turned 19 in July, married since April 9, 2007, mother of Miriam who will be two-years old on Oct. 22. Found out recently that I'm expecting again. Just started my second year of college. Planning to go on for Ph.D and do research in embryology.

I love hunting. My husband introduced me to it. I had never even thought of hunting, fishing, or shooting before. I've gotten two does, one my first year and one last Fall. I coudn't hunt the second year because of Miriam. We also hunt rabbits and woodchucks and have gotten quite a few of those. We eat the woodchucks which are just a big squirrel. There is no closed season on woodchucks in Michigan. Of course they hibernate in the Winter so it's only a Spring through Fall thing.

My favorite gun is a Hawken style muzzleloader, .50 caliber. I got both my does with a bow. It's a 30 pound pull Pro-line youth bow which we bought used. I can't use a bigger bow since I'm really small, 4'7" and 73 pounds. There is no draw weight limit in Michigan which makes it possible for kids and small people like me to bow hunt. We don't hunt from a stand. We track the deer. We're both busy so we don't get a lot of time to hunt.

We are Shirley, all three of us and we are huge fans of the CSU Rams