Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

First food plot

Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 AM

Default RE: First food plot

on the form they give u a list of their different products to check off, that way they can tell u exactly what u need. there's a box that says "other" though. if u check that one off and put down "Roundup ready corn" they might be able to help u out. if they can't do that then they'll probably contact u. i'd give it a shot tho.

this is the form:
http://www.mossyoakbiologic.com/pdf/soilsample.pdf
Old 04-11-2007, 06:31 PM

Thanks guys for the information. The food plot will be a little less than a quater of an acre.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Spike

i had good luck with clover/chickory mix on my small woodland plot. we cleared an area about 90ftx90ft , raked the leaves up, put 3 bags of pellet lime(120lbs.), worked 80lbs. in the soil with 50lbs. of 13-13-13 fert. waited for a few rain showers for aweek or 2 and spread 40lbs of lime and the remaining 50lbs of fert. at seeding. cultipacked it and let it grow. that was without a soil sample. plot is 2 years old and looks great. deer hit it all winter long. we planted the plot in the fall though. my spring planted clover plot (last year) has not faired as well. still fighting the weeds in that plot. i would suggest a soil sample asap. then start conditioning the ground all summer and planting in mid august