Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

sprayers

Old 02-25-2007, 03:49 PM

Default sprayers

hey guys starting to get prepared for spring food plots my question is i'm doing a few food plots on my property so i'm looking for a sprayer to use to kill all the weeds and stuff, last year i did one small plot and used a 4 gallon pump spot sprayer this year i did to up grade if i plan on increasing hte plot sizemabbe like a 15 gallon one for an atv, any recommendations, i checked ebay and seen a few different ones going for 130 bucks let me know what to look for thanks
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: sprayers

I would go with a Fimco.

http://www.fimcoindustries.com/
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM

what are you going to spray....what chemicals, what weeds?
Do you know anything about sprayers, calibration, pump seal types, etc?

Im a professional applicator. I know that usually people want to buy a sprayer and get it cheap.

I wouldnt have a fimco for anything other than roundup or maybe 2,4-D. It wont last and it will do only a marginal job long term.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

My dad has had one for his 3-wheeler since '87, and has used it for everything from diesel/remedy mix, Grazon, Tordon, 2,4-D, Roundup, Velpar, and everything in between. It has never given him a bit of trouble.

Mine for my 4-wheeler is a Wylie. I like the material the tank is made out of, but I had to re-arrange the set-up a little before I was happy with it.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:17 PM

well i was intending to use it with roundup or something comparable, iused a 4 gallon hand pump sprayer last year with roundup and i seemed to work good for the little area i did, this year i want to do a bigger food plot so i need a lil bigger sprayer, my property just has ferns and grass mainly.