Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

biologic maximum

Old 04-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Default biologic maximum

I planted biologic maximum last season and had great results with it. It grew 2 feet tall and including the seedstalk it was 6 feet tall. The deer ate every last bit of it after it got cold out. My question is, Is there supposed to be a turnip with this mixture? If there is supposed to be, I had none. Does anyone know which mixture has the turnips?
Old 04-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: biologic maximum

We had turnips last year in one of our food plots, I'm just about positive that we used Green Patch Plus. I remember that the turnips showed up out of nowhere, we weren't expecting them and I don't think it says on the website or on the bag that Green Patch plus produces turnips, but they were there. I looked on the website a little bit but couldn't find much information about it.

http://www.mossyoakbiologic.com/

The deer really didn't go after the turnips much, only a couple were nibbled on. However there was one really nice buck killed near that food plot.
The best results I've had was with Full Draw with crabapples mixed in for the early season, man they went absolutely crazy over that stuff.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:42 PM

Thanks bowhuntermws1981.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

The bag of Biologic Maximum I purchased this year states that it contains brassica seed. Turnip is a brassica seed as are several other seed varieties that are often used in food plot mixtures. So I guess turnip seed could be in Maximum.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:27 PM

Snoogsdad, I found the scouting camera reviews at http://www.whitetaildeer-management-and-hunting.comvery useful.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not all brassicas have a root like a turnip - some do liketurnips. But Kale, cabbage, and Broccoli are also brassicas - some are in-between like Rapeseed (canola). Most Brassica plants are High in nutients and

The problem with some brand name mixes is that you just really don't know what your getting. Not that the mix might not be great - but I like to know exactly what's in a mix if possible. Some mixes are great - and the tag attached will give you the details - look to see if a white tag is attached with Seed Ratios and/or percentages - also Expration date is usually on this tag.

FH