Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

crp land

Old 02-11-2006, 11:24 AM
neb
Typical Buck

Default crp land

I was wondering if any of you have any info on crp lands which is a fed. program for taking farm ground out of production and leaving it in grass. I was told that crp land by fed. regulation can not be closed to hunting. I always asked to hunt but the land owner can not keep you from hunting it. Does anyone know anything about this.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Spike

Default RE: crp land

I have some CRP land on my farm in Indiana. The program is set up to pay you for setting aside acreage and planting it. There are several alternatives that the landowner has as what to plant and how long to keep the program in effect. Most of the time it isset for a specific period of time like 7 or 10 years and renewable after that. You get a set specific yearly payment from the government for this. As far a hunting is concerned, it is still private land and you DO NOT have to allow anyone to hunt the property if you do not want to. It is strictlly up to you.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
neb
Typical Buck

jogabaman thanks for your reply. I live in Mt. and was told that you could hunt crp land because it was part of the guidelines for that program. I guess the person was wrong that told me. I really don't hunt it anyway. It does hold alot of pheasants and upland game around here but there is so many places to hunt upland itsn't a problem. I was on another site and they where talking about crp and the question was asked there and no one reply. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:51 PM

In Minnesota, CRP land is open to the publicUNLESS the landowner posts it. Then its the same as posted private property.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Chucker34 I just got done looking on the web and there areprograms that work with local hunting groups that allow crp acres open to public hunting. One is called crp-map and land owners have to have it open to hunting. I live in Mt. and I will do some more checking on it here but I do have some friends that have been told by ranchers that they can't keep them off of crp acres. I'm not sure on the details or maybe differant programs who knows. Thanks