Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land >

Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
100% public land
12.90%
100% private land that does not charge you to hunt.
30.65%
100% private land, leased/trespass fee.
4.84%
public land & private land that is not leased
46.77%
public land & private land that is leased.
4.84%
Hunting club.
0
0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

Old 01-23-2006, 01:18 PM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location:
Posts: 2,395
Default Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

Just wondering what type of land you hunt on? 95% of my hunting is done on public land. The other 5% is done on private land. The private land I hunt on anyone can hunt on. They justneed to ask the landowner. The private land I hunt on does not charge a trespass fee.
If you hunt both public land and private land? Please state the percentage of the time you hunt on both. Just like I did above.
Wolf killer is offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 01:19 PM
  #2  
Nontypical Buck
 
kshunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rural Kansas... Where Life is Good
Posts: 4,140
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

I hunt both public and private, without paying anything.
kshunter is offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 01:45 PM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location:
Posts: 654
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

95% of the time i am on private land for free the other 5% is public land
killer243 is offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 05:38 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
 
Scott/IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,200
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

Up until this year during bowseason I was on public land about 75% of the time. This year thoughI found a few spots on my farm and it was about 50/50 between the 2.

For shotgun hunting however it is 100% private land.
Scott/IL is offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 07:05 PM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: River Falls, Wisconsin
Posts: 129
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

My dad and uncles own a nice 80 acre plot of hardwoods that is primarily used for rifle hunting...luckily I'm the only one that bowhunts the property, so I usually have my pick of spots til the rifles start blasting!
west_hunter21 is offline  
Old 01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
  #6  
Fork Horn
 
Gut Check's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 492
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

I hunt on some conservation area in central MO and I am part of an 1100 acre lease in northern MO.
Gut Check is offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 07:41 AM
  #7  
Dominant Buck
 
kevin1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ramsey , Indiana
Posts: 22,545
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

I hunt my own small parcel and have free access to several properties owned by others , I also still occasionally hunt small out of the way publics as I always have , in fact I'll be checking out a new one near my house during the off season this year .
kevin1 is offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 08:31 AM
  #8  
Nontypical Buck
 
superstrutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Louisiana
Posts: 3,049
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

Ihave a little over 200 acres in North La. That is the only place I deer hunt. I have plenty of deer so there is really no need hunting public.
superstrutter is offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location:
Posts: 17
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

Ileaseand hunt in private landas do most here in Texas. Hard to find public land other than some wildlife refuges. Since this'll be my first year bowhunting, I will be hunting in the local wildlife refuges as well.
Blown2run is offline  
Old 01-24-2006, 09:45 AM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnsboro, La
Posts: 196
Default RE: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land

About 60% of the time I hunt on private land and the rest on public. I dont know why because the privat land I hunt on is some of the best in La. but theres just something about killing a good buck on public land. Gives a sense of real accomplishment I guess.
LA_SWAMPER is offline  

Quick Reply: Do you hunt on Public land or leased private land


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.