Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CWD in New York

Old 05-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default CWD in New York

In the new issue of the Quality Deer Management Association magazine there is an article about CWD being discovered in several deer in a couple of deer farms in central New York near Westmorland.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CWD in New York

yup I think it was 3 or 5(can't remember) in captive heards and last I heard they have found 2 deer infected in the wild within a mile from the deer farms.There are gonna take 420 for testing from the wild.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I wish you good luck. It is quit a hot topic here in Wisconsin. Until more is learned about CWD and what causes it, this will continue to be a topic of discussion all over the country. [:'(]
Old 05-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

This topic has been throughly discussed in the Northeast section....use the Search function for CWD, and you will find most of the relevant facts...FYI
Old 05-06-2005, 12:03 PM

It's not looking good IMO that this has made it's way into the wild population. Bill has given quite a bit of information in the thread in the N.E. forum

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=1037046

As I see it the spread of CWD is inevitable. Without knowing alot about the illness and how exactly it's spread it's going to get worse before it gets better. I just hate to see it "jump" across the country as opposed to spreading along the fringes of the infected area.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:28 AM

I guess they ate one of the infected deer during a game feed. Was on the news or somethign the other day. The key thing with all this CWD crap is the fact that it shows up in GAME FARMS. high fence deer herds need to be banned. they're the reason we have CWD in Wisconsin. should be banned outright.

slayer