Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Anyone from New York out there? >

Anyone from New York out there?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone from New York out there?

Old 04-13-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Anyone from New York out there?

Hey, I am from Northern New York and I was just seeing who else was from NY. I havent seen very many people aorund here from NY. I wanna see how the hunting has been for the other New Yorkers out there and what their plans and hopes are forthis season.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone from New York out there?

Hey remdoesitall I am from western New York (Newfane) about 20 miles north east of Niagara Falls. I haven't seen quite the numbers of birds i usually do but have seen some strutters on land not far from here. I am a remington addict too, love my 870 super mag. I also hunt at some family land in Alleghany county near PA border and from my brother and sister-in law they were gobbling there heads off last weekend I haven't heard many on my morning scouts but i'm sure the birds will be there they always are. I've found less deer hunters and more turkey hunters and many of these guys are giving them an education b4 season, I've heard of several people out calling birds in and videoing them. By time season is around they have already heard it all. Well i hope you have a safe and productive season bird or no bird nothing beats hearing the woods wake up on a beautiful spring morn Thats if spring ever decides to get here whats w/ this 30's crap in mid april !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm from Western, NY as well, and I agree, this dang weather has sure been crappy!! One thing to consider, maybe that might make the early part of the season awesome!! If cold, wet, weather puts a lid on the mating process, and it starts to warm up by the first, we might be in luck!! Another way to look at it!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have friends all over the state but cant find time to get there!!!! I hope to make it up to the Canisteo area with my friend Greg again this year. Its only about a 3 hour ride from here.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Albany and do most of my hunting around Indian Lake. I went out last weekend and found the birds exactly where I saw them the last 2 deer seasons. I will be after them in a few weeks.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Typical Buck

Representin' CNY here, actually Oneida county...

Expectin to get waay too much snow, and i havn't seen much strutter activity thus far, probably just bad timing!!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Southwestern NY here...County of Steuben, town of Rathbone..

The birds have been surprisingly active, considering the crappy weather...Been seeing strutters on a regular basis, although the winter flocks haven't dispersed much yet...But then they usually don't until around the beginning of season...
Old 04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im from castile New York in southern Wyoming county, right by letchworth state park, went out scouting and only heard 2 gobbles, but i know the birds are there so im not too worried, hopefully they wont be done breeding by the oppener like last season[:@], well good luck everyone!
Old 04-15-2007, 12:46 PM

I'm from Chautauqua Co. I haven't been seeing alot of activity until the past few days. Seen the same bird strutting in the same field on the way to work 3 times, and a couple others. This may keep them from being too far ahead of the opener. I believe our opener should be around the 15th of April, but the birds are still there, you just have to put the time in.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Spike

CNY here... there was lots and lots of snow, not hoping for much of the spring Turkey hunting season... many birds are already out breeding due to the snowmelt/rain and i dont think the toms will be out strutting as much by the time our season opener rolls around in two weeks...

Quick Reply: Anyone from New York out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.