Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Tree stand question please help >

Tree stand question please help

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree stand question please help

Old 09-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tree stand question please help

hey guys got a question hear two things actually. I have a API grand slam tree stand and i was wondering what is the best way to get both the platform and the top section nice and level to the tree so im not facing downward so much?? Also i got the stand used so i have no instructions how do i put it on my back really what i mean is how do i attach the stands together so i can put it on my back thanx ???
Old 09-17-2002, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tree stand question please help

I have the same stand... To get the stand level, first it depends on how much the tree tapers as it goes up... but you want to start off the the stand out of level. The part that is closest to the tree lower then the part furthest from the tree... Maybe at about a 40 degree angle... both pieces, the will start to level out as you go up the tree... and this is different for each tree but you should be able to get close and get the hang of it by trying this... Also as for the back packing.... If you set the top peice on the ground standing up (part that goes towards the tree toward the ground) then slide the bottom piece into the top.... Inbetween the rails... they should slide together, You will know if you have it right... it should not make any noise when you are walking with it on your back... This is kinda hard to explain in words, but I hope this helps...
Old 09-17-2002, 08:24 PM

Default RE: Tree stand question please help

I'd recommend you get a hold of API Outdoors (www.apioutdoors.com). They'll mail you a copy of their safety video that tells you how to put the stand together for carry as well as how to get up a tree and be level once you get there, plus a lot of other neat stuff.