Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tree stand question

Old 09-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tree stand question

The question being, what is the most comfortable tree stand out there? I had a terriblelesson in lack of comfort and the ability to sit still Monday morning (a drop tine elk, the first I have seen other than on TV, 'schooled' me - ouch!!!! make that ouch squared!!!!!). So, I'm looking for a stand that I can be in all day, is quiet,one can stand up on easily,AND be comfortable. I don't need a climber as very few trees in my areclimber friendly, so hang on is th order of the day. Input is most appreciated!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Default RE: Tree stand question

i started using the gorilla lok on, the king kong model, very comfortable for the price.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best treestand I've ever used...bar none.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20055&id=0046929418000a&navCount=2& podId=0046929&parentId=cat20055&masterpath id=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QW&rid= &parentType=index&indexId=cat20055&has JS=true
Old 09-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

I'm headed back to the woods tomorrow and my butt is dreading it. I, on the other hand, am pumped about the whole idea. I just wish I had a comfortable stand in the truck to take with me!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

BH44, Recommending a HO stand is kind of like recommending a bow. We need some info. first. How far are you going to carry this stand? Do you plan to leave it up all yr? Your physical size plays into it too? and remember you'll need a system be-it ladder, screw in steps, something like buck steps or even limbs to get up there. I like a fold up seat but maybe you don't need one. You'll also need a safety harness. If you get one that's really comfortable and plan to stay all day I can say with confidence you will get sleepy. As far as pure comfort goes the seat is what makes em and any of the wide seat versions like the gorilla rec. above, North Starr (you can still find em),
API Baby Grand are fine "But" they're all a pain in the rear to hang. I hang and take down a "lot" of stands every yr. and wrestling with anything that doesn't have a hanging system like the Summit Copperhead, Chipewa Wedge or even the Cabela's easy hang system can just ruin the experience. If I had to pick one system that's easy to hang, relatively comfortable, light weight and reasonably priced it would be the Summit Copperhead plus you don't have to fight with the cables that hold up the base on most hang ons. At first glance the seat looks a tad small but believe me it's confortable. As far as a ladder to climb up there I have to recommend the Millennium. 20 ft., 1 ft. spacing on rungs, powder coated, tabs on ends of rungs to keep your icey frozen boot from slipping off, the easiest and best strapping system for attachment to the tree and all for about 60 bucks plus shipping. Maybe a ladder isn't the best system for how you plan to use your stand most of the time (pack in and pack out) and for that it's hard to beat screw in steps like the Cranford's or any of the short ladder style's that attach independently to the tree that almost every man. out there makes these days. Give us a little info. and we'll be able to help you narrow it down a little more.

Dan/Vars (BMH)

[/align]
Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have some lower back issues, and have tried a lot of hang on stands over the past 16 years of bowhunting. My 2 favorites are my summit copperhead, one of the bigger gorilla stands with the thick seat. For ease of hanging, the copperhead is hard to beat, and the seat is very comfortable.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever, it has to have a good thick seat and arm rests. Gotta have them arm rests. Hanging arms really make the shoulders drag after a few hours.