Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 OL' MAN TREESTANDS PIN PROBLEM >

OL' MAN TREESTANDS PIN PROBLEM

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

OL' MAN TREESTANDS PIN PROBLEM

Old 03-30-2005, 12:29 PM

Default OL' MAN TREESTANDS PIN PROBLEM

GUYS,
HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW MODEL OL' MAN MULTIVISION STAND, THE UPPER PORTION, OF THE RETAINING PIN WORKING OUT WHILE CLIMBING. I HAVE HAD TO START WATCHING MINE AS IT WILL SLOWLY BACK OUT WHILE CLIMBING. AM I THE ONLY ONE THIS IS HAPPENING TO?
Old 03-30-2005, 03:45 PM

Default RE: OL' MAN TREESTANDS PIN PROBLEM

I have had no problems with mine at all. Just make sure you clip it into the groove and it wont back out..If you dont have the (latch) thats on the pin replace it with a new one..
Old 03-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Swampman, not familar with that stand, but sometimes they
have good clevis pins with safeties at farm tractor dealers.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:57 PM

REBEL HOG,
I DO LATCH THE PIN. SOMETHING IS CAUSING IT TO BACK OUT WHILE CLIMBING. I NOTICED IT WHEN I HEARD A METALLIC NOISE. I LOOKED DOWN AND THE LEFT SIDE PIN IN THE SEAT PORTION OF THE STAND HAD POPPED OPEN AND WAS COMING OUT. IT'S DONE THAT THREE TIMES. IRRITATING!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

i've got 2 ole man climbers and have never had that problem, are you putting the clip on the inboard side or outside? just thinking you may be bumping it loose or hanging it on something, could that be what the noise was?

best of luck, call ole man, guys are great, and will bend over backwards to make you happy
Old 03-30-2005, 07:33 PM

m.t. hands,
Thanks for the input. I've been using ol' man stands for years. It's just this new model that's doing this. I don't know if you've seen the swing arms on the new models. They're bowed out to allow for more room. Can't help but think it's got something to do with that. I also agree about Ol' Man customer service, they're great. I was just seeing if anyone else is having this problem. To my knowledge, I haven't bumped it. Never had problems before.???????????????????
Old 03-30-2005, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's just this new model that's doing this. I don't know if you've seen the swing arms on the new models.
only pictures, have not seen the new stands in person, i don't remember who i talked to but they seemed like they would do whatever it took to make me happy, luckily i've only called them once and they gave me a fix over the phone and i've used the stand six years now.

btw the stand i had trouble with was the carbon fiber climber they used to make, thing weighs like 17#, the other one is a grand ole man..

best of luck, give them a call, if it's an issue that has come up before (like mine was), they wont try to hide it, but will get you some results from what i've seen.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never had a problem with the clip...ANyone ever return their stand to Ole man and get them checked out or has anyone had the net seat replaced? Thanks