Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

API Treestands

Old 05-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default API Treestands

Greetings! I am a bigger guy (6'10" 340) so finding a treestand is not the easiest thing in the world. At our camp in the U.P. we all use the two man stands sice the rest of my hunting partners are large as well. I am currently in IL and have permission to hunt a farm down here. API has come out with a single-man stand made for bigger guys. What I am wondering is how you guys feel about the API products. I have only used Big Game in the past. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 05-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: API Treestands

Lone Wolf stands are rated to 350 lbs. They are the only "big-name" company on the market that go that high.

You may want to check out some ladder stands, they are usually a little better "fit" for the really big guys!

API is only rated to 300 lbs, and I wouldn't trust anything beyond that!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Speaking from personal experience - I would never purchase another API product again in my life. I really don't think I ever swore as much in my life trying to get a stand latched into a tree as I did last year trying to put my API stand up. The ontop of that it squeaks and creeks and cracks and makes more noise than if I was in my stand banging two pots together.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually only use ladder stands because of the comfort factor for one, and the safety factor. I'm not too comfortable shimmying up the side of a tree! Thanks for the input. I will see what Lone Wolf has to offer. If I do go with a hang-on, what kind of steps should I look at, short of an extension ladder for construction!
Old 05-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lone Wolf sticks are also rated to 350, which may be one of the only ones?
Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 PM

Man, this hurts, but I gotta go w/ Justin on this one. API pretty much sucks. Check out a Summit Goliath. Much, much better.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

mobowhuntr,

As I stated above, almost all stands (Summit Included) have a 300 lb. weight limit. How is that going to help YooperMike?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are the API stands that you guys don't like hang-ons or ladders? I guess I don't know why they would be any different, but I just really like the looks of their newest ladder! It's real tall @17' to the platform for a ladder so it caught my eye. There are a couple others that I am looking at, but this API is the one that I really way. I have confidence in the reviews here though, so if there are some real issues with them, I'll take your word for it!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

mobowhuntr,

As I stated above, almost all stands (Summit Included) have a 300 lb. weight limit. How is that going to help YooperMike?
Pardon me, but according to Summit, the Goliath has a 350 pound limit. Thank you.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup.... I gotta back mobowhuntr on this. Summit Goliath is a 350lb rated stand and is extremely quiet, easy to carry, lightweight, and best of all RUGGEDLY BUILT!

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catid=Goliath

Quick Reply: API Treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.