Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Notified the Game warden

Old 12-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Notified the Game warden

I think you are just being greedy. You're angry that he's shooting deer that may wander onto your property.

Other than a pawed-up area, you have no evidence of any wrongdoing. Instead of being a muckrake, your best approach might be to call up the guy, and let him know what you're trying to accomplish with QDM, and try to align him with your plan.

It sounds to me like the guy was hunting near your property, and you got mad. I'm not trying to criticize, just pointing out that all too often, hunters let a little greed cloud their better judgment.

I'd rather know that the neighbor guy shoots an illegal deer or two and be on good terms with him than stir the mud and make him angry. He'll start doing things just to spite you, which would definitely be worse than what he's doing already.

You guys probably won't agree, but that's my take.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:09 PM

"I'd rather know that the neighbor guy shoots an illegal deer or two and be on good terms with him than stir the mud and make him angry. He'll start doing things just to spite you, which would definitely be worse than what he's doing already. "

Man do you hear what your'e saying?! You'd rather not upset a POACHER?!? Nice backbone. Sure the guy may retaliate, but does that mean we should turn our heads when we see something wrong? Somebody bigger than you is smacking on a lady outside the grocery store you just gonna look away and hope not to "stir the mud"?
Old 12-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been down this road before. We had the game wardens abuzz over some idiots riding ATV's and jacklighting. Well, the game commission couldn't prove anything, and the guys got away with it.

Since then, they've cut down my treestands, stolen my game camera, stolen my lock on, interfered with our hunting, and I got the pleasure of finding about 7 carcasses laying around the woods this year. Also, they threw about 2 boxes of roofing nails where we park.

They all live on adjoining land, and we live 20 miles away. I'm not there 24-7 to see what's going on. Had we left well-enough alone, it would still be an enjoyable place to hunt.

I'm just telling you to pick your battles wisely.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:14 PM

I have been hunting long enough to know that an area twenty feet be twenty feet pawed out is NOT a scrape!!!!!!!!
now there is a scape that can get this large. i think it is called a "family scrape" or something like that. they can get much larger then 20x20. even though they are rare the bucks love to travel through them to see whats going on. so it would be a great spot to sit near.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:19 PM

got this from another topic and it links you to this test at http://espn.go.com/outdoors/tips/s/h..._quiz_FHN.html

7. A scrape that is used by several different bucks is called a:
A: Herd scrape.
B: Meeting place.
C: Community scrape.
D: None of the above.

7. C, community scrape. This type of scrape is often very large in size. You'll often find several smaller scrapes in one small area that appear to be one big scrape.

Sometimes they get as large as a car. It's possible to kill several bucks from the same location in a short period of time near one of these scrapes.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:49 PM

Ever seen an area where 2 bucks were fighting?Apparantley not.
Old 12-25-2004, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: killer243

got this from another topic and it links you to this test at http://espn.go.com/outdoors/tips/s/h..._quiz_FHN.html

7. A scrape that is used by several different bucks is called a:
A: Herd scrape.
B: Meeting place.
C: Community scrape.
D: None of the above.

7. C, community scrape. This type of scrape is often very large in size. You'll often find several smaller scrapes in one small area that appear to be one big scrape.

Sometimes they get as large as a car. It's possible to kill several bucks from the same location in a short period of time near one of these scrapes.
thanks for the info link- this site this the best,-- wasnt careful and i learned somethin,cosby