Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Humane Society to Launch Assault >

Humane Society to Launch Assault

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Humane Society to Launch Assault

Old 12-06-2004, 05:37 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Humane Society to Launch Assault

Some of you probably have see this, but if some haven't it important to post again. We need to stick together, weather gun or bow hunter we need to mass into one voice.

Anti-hunters create litigation division

Humane Society of the United States to challenge hunting via courts

U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance — Dec. 3, 2004

The nation's largest anti-hunting group has launched a new legal department to challenge sportsmen in the courts.

An Animal Protection Litigation section was created in the wake of the recent merger of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and the Fund for Animals. Attorney Jonathan Lovvorn was selected to head the department. The organization intends to add four litigating attorneys by the end of the year.

"The animal rights movement sees the courts as the easiest way to realize its anti-hunting agenda," said U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance Senior Vice President Rick Story. "Anti-hunters are in court right now to halt black bear hunting and kick sportsmen off of public lands. The move to implement an HSUS Animal Protection Litigation function so quickly and the commitment to the program's expansion prove that it is a priority for the newly formed mega-anti-hunting rights group."

Lovvorn has been a partner with Meyer & Glitzenstein, the Washington, D.C. law firm used by the Fund for Animals in legal battles against sportsmen. He will assume his duties as vice president on January 1, 2005.

The merger of the two anti-hunting groups was announced on November 22, 2004. It will formally occur on January 1, 2005. The new group will have as much as $98 million in annual support to derail hunting and traditional wildlife management in the United States.

After the merger, the new organization will continue to be known as the Humane Society of the United States. It has stated that the abolition of hunting and trapping will be priority issues. Bowhunting is the first form of hunting that the group has vowed to eradicate.

The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance has begun working with bowhunting organizations, businesses and publications to organize bowhunters nationwide to prepare a defense.

The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Humane Society to Launch Assault

Think I read the HS kills around 65,000 dogs and cats each day..........
Old 12-07-2004, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

timbercruiser:

I think you are confusing two different groups with deceptively similar names. One group -- maybe "The American Humane Society," or something like that -- provides temporary shelters for animals. The group cited here doesn't do any such activities but is purely an anti-hunting group. I think this is the case. I hope someone who knows more will correct any errors I have introduced.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I find it ironic that the actions of these groups, if successful, will insure that these animals will die a less humane and more painful and lingering death than if hunting was allowed. Overpopulation, disease, stress (from overpopulation), malnutrition, hunger. Outside of hunting, car accidents, and other predators, nature doesn't have any "nice" way for these animals to die. The process will be slow and painful. Fools.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:37 PM

Weather you agree or not we do not need these groups around. They try to pressure our way of life and in our schools our children are being fed this BS. You have alot of groups out there especially the VEAGANS that are trying to influence our goverment and they are doing it through our courts. Thats why as hunters and sportsman we need to stick together. I had an idea a while back. When you buy a rifle or pistol, shot gun etc, I believe the dealer should give you a free membership to the NRA. There are a lot of gun owners who enjoy the right of owning a gun but dont do anything to defend this RIGHT. please join the NRA. signed long time member. LONG live the conservatives