Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 liscense numbers on hunters for or against >

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Old 12-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Please explain to us(me) how this is one more hoop???? I knew this 'Anti-Hunter" thing would come up!
Since anti-hunters have such a hard time getting hunting banned, they try to come up with every inconvinience imaginable. They like muzzleloader and shotgun only seasons, because it gives people less incentive to own a rifle. They figure the more people that grow up without ever using a rifle, the fewer people will miss them when they are gone. This tag number is the same way. Maybe it will annoy some hunters, and they'll quit and go elsewhere. One less hunter is one less voter when the next issue comes up.

Under the theory that it helps prevent crime (poaching and trespassing), then why shouldn't everybody be required to wear a tag number all the time?
Old 12-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

first of all -

[quote]ORIGINAL: Charley

Lots of Germans saw nothing wrong with tagging Jews, either...After all, it was the law.

you got to be kidding me. how can you even think of comparing the 2 ?!?!?!? that has got to be THE WORST analogy ever. talk about apples and oranges (apples to mount everest)

what is the big freakin deal??? putting the number on your back isn't all that demanding (does everyone know that they actually make a plastic holder with a large pin that you can easily attach to you jacket and many jackets/vests actually have a special place to attach it ) I really don't see it as a big infringement on my rights as a hunter.

We have it here in NY (southern zone) and it is no big deal.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]Maybe it will annoy some hunters, and they'll quit and go elsewhere.[quote]

If some quits hunting because of wearing a back tag I think they have different issues to worry about and maybe they shouldn't be hunting! I hope no one would quit because of a backtag! I enjoy hunting too much to worry!!!!!!!!

Under the theory that it helps prevent crime (poaching and trespassing), then why shouldn't everybody be required to wear a tag number all the time?
Because were not runnung around tryin to kill things with weapons all the time????

[:-]JMO!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

One more thing for the anti-hunters to use to make hunters jump through one more hoop.
Please explain to us(me) how this is one more hoop???? I knew this 'Anti-Hunter" thing would come up!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if i may borrow a qliche from a group i disaree with -where here-------------
blah blah get used to it--

the saying can aslo go about hunting and antis----
- we are here-- we shoot deer
- get used to it

- we like to shoot a gun
- its the way we have our fun
- get used to it

-dont wanna shoot no people
- from a deerstand or peephole

- but im gonna shoot that big buck
- before ya cream him with your truck
- so get used to it

---- guns- hunting- and me
are who so i choose to be
so get used to it

kinda sounds like a rap song-sorry!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:25 PM

this forum is just to get a feel for how EVERYONE felt about this issue, MY opinion so far based on feedback - is in certain areas of high hunting populations, which we can assume that tranlates into the 100,000+ catagory, that it is welcomed, states that dont have it, dont feel that same population present at hunting time, so do not see a need for it, as for any change in MY hunting habits---I feel in this day and age of satillites and cell phones-911 reponse times and coordinated effeorts of DNR,state and local and sometimes federal response- a number in MY state----i dont see it--they had vang without the number-its just another nail in his case -BUT i am going to carry a 2 way radio now, for several point
1. how many incidents of people falling from tree stands and being injured not only could you call for help, but the transmitter could be used to locate you just as a cell phone can be tracked if in use(saved a womans life in Jackson Mn. on the inerstate during a blizzard they tracked her signal and pinpointed her just as her battery died on the phone)
2.the wisc. murders-we all would have responded to a friend plea for help on a radio, now we are aware of what could be - and repond with cool heads- may GOD bring peace to the familys
-----now my ethics for the radio will be the same as some of my hunting ethics,
--- be polite
----be respectful
---dont abuse the privilage
----DONT TRESPASS on other peoples grounds -or radio channel

----and last but certainly first NO DEER IS WORTH A HUMAN LIFE--

thanks guys" happy howling days"[8D]-------onebullet
Old 12-10-2004, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

When I see a picture of somebody wearing a blaze orange jacket/coveralls and they have a "tag number" on their back, to me they look more like an escaped prisoner then a hunter.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if vangs number will be the same in prison as his huntin #he SURE isnt gonna forget the orange color, thats gonna be a daily reminder