Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 liscense numbers on hunters for or against >

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Old 12-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

This whole idea of numbers on the back will never fly in Texas. There are almost no public areas to hunt anyway.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't see any good that comes from it. Just another bothersome regulatory imposition which are too numerous already.
I dont know if anyone has touched on this yet and I'm not picking out the person who I quoted above because I've seen alot of negative comments.

I cant imagine NOT having a back tag! Our back tag number system has been the demise of countless poachers and especially tresspassers. It's a very usefull tool which aids the DNR who is very under staffed around here.
If you witness someone doing something illegal , jot down their back tag and report it. You catch someone tresspassing , avoid confrontation and jot down the back tag as they leave.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with the back tag system for a law abiding hunter.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:13 PM

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the back tag system for a law abiding hunter.
Lots of Germans saw nothing wrong with tagging Jews, either...After all, it was the law.
I'm all for it!!!!!!!!!! It caught the Vang character, imagine if Wi didn't have the back tag?? Then what would be going on in this case???? I couldn't imagine!
Vang would have been ID'd by the surviving witnesses, more than likely. Might have taken a bit longer.
If you hunting legal why would it bother you?
I don't have to prove I'm "hunting legal" to anybody. If the government believes I am hunting unlawfully, it is up to THEM to prove it.

Tell, you what...you boys can keep your backtags. Won't fly in free states.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:45 PM

OK heres the deal, NO FREEKING numbers, that Vang guy would have been dead if he shot at my buddys. So the Dept of F.S. can go pound sand
Old 12-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of Germans saw nothing wrong with tagging Jews, either...After all, it was the law.
I don't have to prove I'm "hunting legal" to anybody. If the government believes I am hunting unlawfully, it is up to THEM to prove it.

Tell, you what...you boys can keep your backtags. Won't fly in free states.
Thats rich!
Can you give me one single example of how a deerhunting back tag system is infringing on anyones freedom?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: onebullet

does your state require you to display a number on your back for hunting? in minn. we dont but i sure am glad wisconsin had it , thats how they caught chi vang, are you for or against this?
I'm in Indiana but I hunted and lived in WI for a few years.

I hate it.

It's a big part of the reason I quit hunting in WI and bought a out of state license to hunt back in Indiana until I could get out of there.

Criminals and convicts need numbers on their backs not hunters. Vang was already convicted of tresspass and wanted on outstanding warrants, if WI had enforced their laws as written maybe he would have had the number on his back he has now and and those people would still be alive.

The first year I lived there I was apalled at the drinking while shooting at trap clubs up there. The trap club actually sells beer at the same counter you paid up for your trap rounds. Next I found out after I'd bought and paid for the whole package of licenses that they wanted me to wear A WHITE TAG ON MY BACK while those same individuals drinking at the trap clubs were out there hunting what? WHITE TAIL DEER with centerfire rifles.

No thanks.

I like Indiana just fine.

One price, lifetime license the size of a credit card. Got it in your pocket, you are good to go. Anything in season with any legal weapon.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:04 PM

'Eh, forgetting the 'back tag' at home and only realizing it once you get to your huntin' property, forgetting to transfer it to the garment you intend to wear that day according to the weather, losing it afield, pokin' holes in your expensive goretex, etc...no thanks.

Here's a tip, keep with you at all times a cell phone and all of the telephone numbers of the local authorities...heck, carry your GPS and give 'em the coordinates if it's that serious a situation.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What year was that Jack?
I dont remember ever being issued a white tag in 30 years of deerhunting in Wisconsin.
I'm not familiar with trap shooting clubs but if they are serving alchohol before and during shooting , they should be shut down , it's illegal , intoxicated use of a firearm.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:01 PM

Here in KY we do not have this law, but I would think that it might be useful in some cases.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: PositiveBo

Here's a tip, keep with you at all times a cell phone and all of the telephone numbers of the local authorities...heck, carry your GPS and give 'em the coordinates if it's that serious a situation.
------------------------------------------------

i tried to call bucky this year but his sister bambi answered her smellular

Quick Reply: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.