HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - liscense numbers on hunters for or against
Old 12-10-2004, 08:25 PM
onebullet

Default RE: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

this forum is just to get a feel for how EVERYONE felt about this issue, MY opinion so far based on feedback - is in certain areas of high hunting populations, which we can assume that tranlates into the 100,000+ catagory, that it is welcomed, states that dont have it, dont feel that same population present at hunting time, so do not see a need for it, as for any change in MY hunting habits---I feel in this day and age of satillites and cell phones-911 reponse times and coordinated effeorts of DNR,state and local and sometimes federal response- a number in MY state----i dont see it--they had vang without the number-its just another nail in his case -BUT i am going to carry a 2 way radio now, for several point
1. how many incidents of people falling from tree stands and being injured not only could you call for help, but the transmitter could be used to locate you just as a cell phone can be tracked if in use(saved a womans life in Jackson Mn. on the inerstate during a blizzard they tracked her signal and pinpointed her just as her battery died on the phone)
2.the wisc. murders-we all would have responded to a friend plea for help on a radio, now we are aware of what could be - and repond with cool heads- may GOD bring peace to the familys
-----now my ethics for the radio will be the same as some of my hunting ethics,
--- be polite
----be respectful
---dont abuse the privilage
----DONT TRESPASS on other peoples grounds -or radio channel

----and last but certainly first NO DEER IS WORTH A HUMAN LIFE--

thanks guys" happy howling days"[8D]-------onebullet