Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 liscense numbers on hunters for or against >

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Old 12-07-2004, 09:33 PM

Default RE: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

One price, lifetime license the size of a credit card. Got it in your pocket, you are good to go. Anything in season with any legal weapon.
[/quote]

this dont seem all stupid to ta me,but what would a guy pay for such a liscence??[:@]
Old 12-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Don't have it and it isn't necessary.One incident like the Vang case is not enough reason to implement such a system.Sort of like saying registering all guns is a good idea because it helped solve one crime.
My thoughts exactly. One more thing for the anti-hunters to use to make hunters jump through one more hoop.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 PM

One price, lifetime license the size of a credit card. Got it in your pocket, you are good to go. Anything in season with any legal weapon.

this dont seem all stupid to ta me,but what would a guy pay for such a liscence??
In Texas you can buy a life time hunting lic. The cost is $1,000.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Fork Horn

the back tag number is extremely useful in identifying tresspassers and finding poachers. i myself have called a tresspasser in using his back tag number and its silly to believe that the Vang case is a isolated incident in which a backtag was useful. i would gladly wear a back tag in the future.

do those people against this have license plates on their vehicle?
Old 12-07-2004, 11:49 PM

Here in vt we dont have them either. To me, not having to dont see any need for them. Thats not saying if were to go out of state to hunt, wouldnt base the"where t go" on a bk tag.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

What year was that Jack?
I dont remember ever being issued a white tag in 30 years of deerhunting in Wisconsin.
I'm not familiar with trap shooting clubs but if they are serving alchohol before and during shooting , they should be shut down , it's illegal , intoxicated use of a firearm.
I moved there in the summer of '94 so it was that winter or the next one.

I agreed to shoot in a leage but soon as the season was done so was I. They did it at every shoot I attended. People would show up and drink until it was their turn to shoot. Then even a few would stay and drink until they got to shoot after the leage was done.

It was in Milton north of Janesville.

Nobody acted like it was any big deal and when I brought it up a few of them claimed to shoot better drunk.

What could I say? They did.

The whole safety situation there was out of hand if you ask me. Over half of the shooters I saw there would have been tossed out of every trap club I've shot at in Indiana if they pulled all the stuff I saw there. Most clubs I've shot at, the other shooter's wouldn't hesitate to jump your a.. over a closed chamber any where but ready to shoot at your bird. Not up there.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

One more thing for the anti-hunters to use to make hunters jump through one more hoop.
Please explain to us(me) how this is one more hoop???? I knew this 'Anti-Hunter" thing would come up!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: onebullet

this dont seem all stupid to ta me,but what would a guy pay for such a liscence??[:@]
Mine was about $550 when I bought mine comprehensive fishing and hunting. Bought my son one to. We will both always have a license and a place we can hunt any time we want for the rest of our lives. None of that baloney figuring if it's worth it to buy one just for this day or that day or even a couple days. Got a gun, got a season, got a day free? Let's go kill one or a few.

It was worth the money just to know we can any time we want to.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/licenses/lifelic.htm

PRICES

Basic Fishing – $285.00
Equivalent to annual resident fishing license.
Does not include trout / salmon stamp.

Basic Hunting – $285.00
Equivalent to annual resident hunting license.
Does not include stamps, deer or turkey licenses.

Comprehensive Fishing – $427.50
Includes the basic fishing license plus trout/ salmon stamp.

Comprehensive Hunting – $855.00
Includes all required hunting licenses and stamps.
Does not include trapping license or federal migratory bird hunting stamp.

Hunting and Fishing – $1154.25
Includes all licenses and stamps covered by
Comprehensive Fishing and Comprehensive Hunting licenses.

Trapping – $280.00
Equivalent to current annual resident trapping license.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:24 PM

When I see a picture of somebody wearing a blaze orange jacket/coveralls and they have a "tag number" on their back, to me they look more like an escaped prisoner then a hunter.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well here in Wisconsin we have ALOT of public hunting land! Not to many of them there ranches where people pay alot of money to hunt each year. We have alot of different people in the woods and these are the "Big Woods" where someone might think they can get away with something. If you see someone not wearing one they could be up to something, Sorry but I go by the book! What the WIDNR needs to do is tie this backtag in with the law enforcement to keeping the wrong people from getting a Hunting AND Fishing license. Hunting and Fishing is a privilege not a right! JMO

When I see a picture of somebody wearing a blaze orange jacket/coveralls and they have a "tag number" on their back, to me they look more like an escaped prisoner then a hunter.
What are you callin me a convict??????????

Quick Reply: liscense numbers on hunters for or against

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.