Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

He missed it!!!

Old 12-01-2004, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: He missed it!!!

Is it legal to shoot from a house in Michigan!?!?! I know that here in Il it's illegal to shoot from, towards or near a house or any occupied structure.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-01-2004, 07:20 AM

As for his "lazy keester" he is in his blind almost every morning, evening, and half the time in between. He shot his buck this year at 2 after getting to his stand at 5:15am and planning on staying till 6.

Interestingly enough, I think it was luck that "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater" came out, since if not for having company (us) he would have been in the stand, his wife was out there, he was going to go, but he didn't want to be rude to us since we had just arrived there.

So, I don't think it has anything to do with a lazy keester...
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

You people a kidding RIGHT? I think someone was ripping on another member for doing the same sort of thing. I could be wrong but didn't you(BHG) chastise a member for shooting at does while eating lunch?! JMO
Does he have a handicap????
Old 12-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thecontractor, IT is NOT illegal in Pa. to shoot from a house,barn,shed or whatever if your the owner or if you got pemission from the owner to do so .The 150 yard safety zone law does not apply if you have permission to be closer to a structure.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:46 AM

Bow hunting fool... Um, I don't recall chastising anyone for shooting during lunch... I chastised someone for "banging away" who in the world CARES if you were eating lunch at the time, and where did I ever say he was eating lunch? He wasn't he was sitting in his chair watching out the window, someone else, the guy who made first reply was being sarcastic and said "eat a bite of steak... blah blah blah"... I didn't really know this would turn into a debate, but what the heck, go for it, I'm up for a little cattiness I guess LOL

Seriously, how many hunters spend all day in their stands and pack a lunch, who's to say Mr.Monster Buck isn't going to walk by just as you take a bite of your bologna sandwich, you can bet your bottom dollar I'd drop my sandwich right to the ground to pick up my gun! LOL

No, it's not illegal to shoot from your own property... not that I am aware of anyway, and there are no other homes/buildings within 700 yards of his house... AND he is surrounded by 40 acres of woods, and that's just what HE owns, it turns into state land after that, there was nothing unsafe about what he was doing, maybe some people are jealous that they don't have the luxury of monster bucks in their backyard!

My mom lives on an acre wooded lot, and last year there were 3 giant bucks hanging together, they were in her back yard (and mind you, her back yard is MAYBE 10 yards of grass, then it hits the woods, they were standing within 30 feet of her back door... if I would have been there, I would have taken a shot at one of them. As I said before, there is a great variety of hunters of all kinds on this board and it is perfectly normal for each of us to have different values when it comes to hunting, I say... to each their own.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

did you go check for blood and search the woods
Old 12-01-2004, 10:00 AM

LOL, both my boyfriend and his dad went out and looked, but there was no sign... the best sign they had... LOL His bullet was burrowed into the tree the deer was standing in front of, must have just missed it, because it was only about a foot above ground! I'd say that's a pretty good sign that he missed... They seriously did walk the grounds for about an hour though, just in case. There was snow on the ground, so it would have been an easy track if there had been a hit.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow a little deffensive are we! If this is what you think hunting is about, well have fun. Buy a video game or something like big game hunter.
Does his "Blind" have sleeping quaters in it or kitchen and bathroom? Just curious!

You are right it is not illegal to shoot from an occupied dwelling as long as you know what you are shooting at and it is safe beyond your target. How do you know what is beyond your target while sitting in the house? Someone or something could wander by, right. Private property or not!
No, it's not illegal to shoot from your own property... not that I am aware of anyway
You don't even know if it legal what your doing. Study you regs before you go shooting not after! Notice I said shooting not hunting! Remember just my opinion! And you know what they say about that!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I think some one said it in a earlier post, when they said the ones complaining were jealous. I just wish I had the opportunity to shoot a deer much less a great buck out my back yard. It would be a lot better than seeing all these housing developments coming up. If I am every given the opportunity to shoot a deer out of my backyard then you can bet your bottom dollar that I will throw some lead at his behind. BHG, I think you were right sounds like your friend had buck fever. I don't think there is any hunter out there that hasn't had it, if not then you mine as well find a new sport. Doesn't matter how many good bucks you see I don't think you can ever keep from getting some type of buck fever.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I'm real jealous! Maybee his "buck fever" is called KARMAJMO

Quick Reply: He missed it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.