Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Some of my trees have bald spots >

Some of my trees have bald spots

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Some of my trees have bald spots

Old 11-26-2004, 07:43 PM

Default Some of my trees have bald spots

Yes I'm kidding.

I know they are buck rubs. I went scouting on a friends property. He has 20 acres of wildlife easement (swamp) that adjoins his usable land. He had never gone back there untill this weekend. I took my camera with us as we trudged into the swamp. We found a dry sand mound that is about 400'X400' surrounded buy 6"-1' deep muddy goo and lily pads. We walked around and took pictures of fresh rubs. Neither of us had seen so many rubs in one spot. The sand mound has more rubs than the rest of his property. We are going to get some trail cams and set them up soon and check with the county if we are allowed to hunt in his wildlife easement.

I uploaded alot of pictures and a few movies from this afternoons hunt.

Check out these rubs

This rub was about 12" high and 4" wide
Old 11-26-2004, 08:05 PM

Default RE: Some of my trees have bald spots

looks to me like a signpost rub. good sign. im taking the digital camera with me when i go to iowa tommorrow. you guys are going to die when you see some of the rubs over there. we got spots of little popple coming up anywhree from 2" in diamter to 8" in diameter where every tree is shredded..same trees get pounded year after year after year.

slayer
Old 11-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Some of my trees have bald spots

Yea thats a rub