Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

public hunting lands

Old 11-14-2004, 12:06 AM

Default public hunting lands

I want to go on a hunting trip to either Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, or Illinois and I will probably go to a public management area in one of those states to save money instead of getting a guide. Anyways my question is this, if anyone is from one of those states or knows anything about the deer hunting in any of those states I could really use some advice about which public hunting areas are the best to your knowledge. I live in Oklahoma but I really want to go to one of those states. Please HELP me find a good spot if you know one.

Thanx.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:20 AM

Default RE: public hunting lands

I lived in Kansas most all my life and west of Wichita on highway 54 about 70? miles is Kingman and west of kingman is a super large public hunting area thats very good for deer or was when I was there 6 years ago, my brother who still lives threre keeps giving me good reports on that area. Any of the KDWP offices will give you a map of the public areas. My brother has just moved or Id set you up with him but he hasnt given me his new phone # or address yet. Good Luck!
Old 11-14-2004, 06:59 PM

Please, anybody, I really need some information on any of these states (Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, and Kansas). I would really appreciate it.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sdmfinada

Please, anybody, I really need some information on any of these states (Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, and Kansas). I would really appreciate it.
Go to the regional forums and check in there with specific questions. Get on the internet and do some checking with the Wildlife Resources people in the states you are interested in. You have to do some of the work yourself, if you're that interested it would seem that you would have begun to do some of that anyway. Most people here are happy to help, but they can't do it for you, you have to be willing to do at least a little work/research on your own.