Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 your input on public hunting lands >

your input on public hunting lands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your input on public hunting lands

Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 AM

Default your input on public hunting lands

your input on public hunting lands i like them an have killed lots of nice bucks
Old 08-17-2007, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: your input on public hunting lands

Mr.Longbeard may have some input, not sure though.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Typical Buck

Nice Mafia thats exactly who I was thinking of!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:50 AM

I have hunted public my whole life and it is no diffderent then hunting anywhere else. You have to find the freshest sign to kill deer. If you want to kill big deer you have to find the big sign. To me their is no difference besides in some areas that you don't have reservations the areas can get a little more pressure. I have killed 3 very nice deer the last 3 years on public land. Keep moving around early so you don't burn out your best spots before the rut comes. I hunt further from the parking lot then most men want to walk and basically have a whole area to myself. I let the small bucks go. Public land hunters get a bad rap from everybody but 99 percent of the guys are good guys and good hunters they just don't have the money to spend on leases and such. Public land is no where near as bad as most hunters talk about.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:19 AM

thats how i feel to thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive never really had alot of success on public but I really didnt start hunting it untill a couple years ago, I used to hunti it once in a whilke with some friends and saw some pretty nice bucks, but it seems to me that public land, especially high preasured areas, that the bucks become educated very very easilly and quickly. But it sure makes for a great change in scenery.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say try and go in deep away from the other lazy hunters that way you will have the whole area to yourself
Old 08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think it brings about a whole nother breed of hunters.....those who hunt private or there own land..the human pressure and scent running around is at a minimum thus they see and kill good amounts of deer

public land you have to go and find the food source, water, deer and make sure to get as far away from everyone else to put yourself in a type of situation like thos private land hunters have.....unfortunatley we cannot feed the deer in our backyards

i love it...but don't get me wrong,,,i would also love to have some of my own land to hunt on and manage a good group of deer
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

public land completely surrounds one of our farms. And every year I hunt the public about as much as I hunt our private land. Interestingly enough, there really isn't that much pressure. Except for gun season, and then its a free-for-all that gets too freaky for me.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Public land in my region of Florida has alot of southern Floridians that travel to hunt it, so most all public land is heavily pressured. I have killed a decent amount of bucks on Public Land, but you have to put up with people who have no clue how to hunt. Besides I pay good money for hunting club dues, I might as well hunt there during bow season instead of just muzzleloader and general gun.

Quick Reply: your input on public hunting lands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.