Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands >

Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands

Old 06-20-2006, 04:51 PM
jf5

Default Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands

As with most of you, I have seen plenty of deer hunting DVD's and videos over the years. While its nice to see big bucks and all, allmost allof these DVD's are filmed on guided or private hunts wheredeer number are highand bigger bucks arecommon. However, I have not seen many videos where some of these pros have to deal with what many of us do. It would be real nice to seehow these experts fair on your local publichunting grounds. I mean, how well would people like Jackie Bushman do if he had to hunt PA Gamelands, MA or NY WMA's. etcwithout assistance? It would be great to see how they do.

The only DVD I have seen where the folks hunted public land in the Northeast was some of the Benoit videos. ANyone know of any other DVD's from New England, PA, or NY??
Old 06-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands

We plan on doing some filming this fall on public land. The only thing that may stop us is thepermit fee for filming on some public land. We will be looking into this in the near future.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

We plan on doing some filming this fall on public land. The only thing that may stop us is thepermit fee for filming on some public land. We will be looking into this in the near future.
I would tell them what to do with thatpermit.....
Old 06-21-2006, 11:34 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38

Very cool. What state?? PA I assume. Why do you need a permit to film on public lands??
Old 06-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not up on it all yet. I am not sure if its state forests or national forests. I know its like $100 bucks a day though. If you plan to film for your personal use there is no permit needed. Like I said i am not up to date with everthing. I know Larry Csonka was fined for filming in Alaska without the permits. It was over 1000 in fines.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

check out the Benoit family videos...I'm pretty sure they are all on public land
Old 06-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck

I've got all of Donnie Kirby's video's and they are like 50/50 public private... What I like best is he hunted a lot of the same public land I hunt... That was pretty cool!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

[:-]I just about spit out my coffee when I read the title to this thread. I say that in good humor ofcourse because I do not ever think we will see the day that Jackie Bushman or Bill Jordan or any of the other hunting video "celebs" will attempt to hunt PA, or any other NE state, gameland/public land. Too much competition from other hunters provide for too difficult of a filming opportunity and too little of a chance for success in a short time frame.

Would love to see it though...I really would.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Kamil

check out the Benoit family videos...I'm pretty sure they are all on public land
\

Thanks. I have seen the Benoits DVD,and mentioned them it the post above. They hunt public lands and private but open lands like paper comapny proprties. Uasually Maine, Northern NH and Quebec. I was just wondering aboutany others.

But I would really love to see how the "pros" would do on these lands too.

Thanks for the input guys. Good luck with the permits for filming!!
Old 06-22-2006, 11:28 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

[:-]I just about spit out my coffee when I read the title to this thread. I say that in good humor ofcourse because I do not ever think we will see the day that Jackie Bushman or Bill Jordan or any of the other hunting video "celebs" will attempt to hunt PA, or any other NE state, gameland/public land. Too much competition from other hunters provide for too difficult of a filming opportunity and too little of a chance for success in a short time frame.

Would love to see it though...I really would.
Me too. I understand why they don't.Butit would be great to see how they measure up.Lets see just how good they reallyare.Plus, God forbid they have a videoshoot without a dead deer. I mean, that may be just to much like reality.

Quick Reply: Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.