Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 starter of the dog in deer woods post >

starter of the dog in deer woods post

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

starter of the dog in deer woods post

Old 11-12-2004, 07:17 PM

Default starter of the dog in deer woods post

i was the one who originally posted the dogs in the deer woods post and thought it would be appropiate if i said i had no intentions of starting this.i was just wanting to tell a story of what happened and ask a question about whether the scent of a dog will bother a deer.i by NO means would ever shoot someones dog whether i knew who it belonged to or not.yes it is frustrating when it happens but tomorrow is another day.you never know that dog may push a big buck to you.i do agree that you should talk to the dogs owner and request it be tied up while your in the woods.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: starter of the dog in deer woods post

Over the past several years this same subject has been hashed out a number of times. Nothing really new, just some new players.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Fork Horn

Don't worry about it. Your right. you should never shoot a dog intentionally
Old 11-13-2004, 11:44 AM

It seems I have missed a lot in the past few days. I haven't been on in a few days and it seems like there has been a lot of bad blood between both sides. I personally wouldn't shoot a dog with a collar, or a dog that even seems to belong to somebody, but I have shot coyotes and I think that a lot of people have. We have packs of dogs down here that are basically the same as coyotes. They roam around and kill or torment whatever is around. Whether that is cows, horses, family pets, or deer. I don't have any problem with shooting these animals. I have only shot two in about ten years, but both were consistantly a problem, and I wouldn't want them around any children. That's my two cents. I haven't read all of the posts, there seem to be a ton of them, but that does it for me.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

you should never shoot a dog intentionally
Never!So what do you do if people or livestock are being attacted by dogs?