Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 My best day in the deer woods Wi. >

My best day in the deer woods Wi.

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

My best day in the deer woods Wi.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default My best day in the deer woods Wi.

Date Nov 9 2007
Time 5:45-11:00 am
wind N NW gusts @5 mph
Went into the secret spot stand this morning, set up and waited only 10 mins. and had a yearling buck move through towards the point of the woods(on a mission)......20 mins. later a 2.5 year old moved through from east to west, will be a good one next year..........about 30 mins. later a doe and nub buck worked down into the draw west - east (out of range) 9:00 a small yearling buck acting strange 80 yards to the east.....2 mins. later a buck crashes through the corn strip (presumeably chasing a doe) no less than 3 mins. later another runty buck comes through the corn and steps into the woods to the south, then another little 6 point (no tine length 1.5 year old)comes in from the east, stops @ 12 yards and acts spooky, but does not run...............wanders off down the ravine.......20 mins. later a average yearling comes through from west to east....then all hell breaks loose in the corn and i watch a HUGE (160 ish 10 point) chase a doe through the corn, way too far and no footage.........swap out a tape with 5 mins. left on it, just closed the tape door and another bucks is coming from the bottom of the ravine.........I figure it is another decent 2 year old and don't plan on shooting.....MISTAKE......by the time I see what he is he's already through one shooting lane, get the bow to full draw, he passes the next lane......reeaa, reaaa, reaaa! he stops but has some trash in front of him.............on the tape you can see my arrow center punch a pinky sized limb!!!!! He walked away unscathed!..........watched another doe meander through..........waited til 11 and packed up........just got the camera put away and wouldn't you know it another buck comes through from east to west, a good 2.5 year old........tempted but not old enough, next year.........get down check my clean arrow (dang!) Doe moves through from the bottom toward the set aside to the east.........had to go drill holes for a pole building or I would have stayed on that stand all day!!!!!!
Today was THE day for cruising bucks!
The missed opportunity

Old 11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My best day in the deer woods Wi.

Nice buck, maybe next time!!
Old 11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

MAN I WISH I COULD SEE A DEER LIKE THAT AROUND LUDINGTON!!! EXCEPT AT THE PUMP STORAGE PLANT
Old 11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

where in wisconsin do you hunt I hunt mountain
Old 11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tbone1187

where in wisconsin do you hunt I hunt mountain
South of Mt. Horeb.