Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deers daily schedule

Old 11-05-2004, 06:25 PM

Default deers daily schedule

What do deer do doing different parts of the day? when do they eat sleep get up start moving ect ect
Old 11-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: deers daily schedule

I see deer moving all day long! In the woods behind my house I see deer passing my yard any and every hour of the day! One day they pass at 11am the next some will pass at 2pm. Morning and evening seems to be the real rush hours but any time during the day you could find your game moving....
Old 11-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Jim they move it just depends where you are setup. If you hunt food source or large open areas the highest movement will be low light. However if you hunt deep in the bush (transition) areas they can sauter by at any hour. Also a big factor is the rut stage, during rut bucks are on the move and most often the best time to catch cruising bucks is mid day(especially in the bush). The last 3 years my whitetail bucks (4 in total) were shot around noon, 2 were taken in full blow rut the other 2 were pre rut. Of those 4 bucks 3 were rattled in deep transition areas, so at this time of the year I hunt the whole day just switch my location based on the time of day. Morning/evening I hunt the girls that means on the way to food, mid day I get back as close to the bedding area as possible to either rattle or watch the natural funnels/area bucks use.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hunt the suburbs,so they have a schedule you can pattern,but they also pattern me.