Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 deers daily routine >

deers daily routine

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deers daily routine

Old 10-24-2006, 07:55 AM

Default deers daily routine

Do deer feed at night andbed during the day? or what exactly is a deers daily 24 hour schedule?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: deers daily routine

Someone please answer this!! I have a few hours available on Wednesday.....and I need to know whether to hunt or not.

Oh yeah....I'm in NC.

Jeff
Old 10-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

eat, rest, dump, eat, rest, dump, eat, rest, dump. The trick is catching them between eat and rest or rest and eat.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: QTompkins2005

Do deer feed at night andbed during the day?
Basically yes. They travel from bed to feed in the late afternoon and travel from feed to bed in the early morning. They will get up to browse around their bedding area during the day. During the rut, the bucks will not feed as much and will be running the does out of their beds. Your guess is as good as mine as to what they are doing hour by hour...
Old 10-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

OK ...I'm no expert but I have read alot. Here is a summary on what I've read.

Deer wander in about a 1 mile area. When I was in Maryland the deer would be in the cornfields. Tracks were everywhere...but guess what .putting a stand there is not smart. That is where theyare at night time. After night time the go to their bedding place. { It's been my experience they go where it's seriously thick , but sunny and with somewhat of a water and food supply close by} They may take a short walk to the drink and food place but they will stay where they feel safe. Then...as it gets dark again..back to the food field.

When the rut comes..they seem to wander more .I'll let someone else reply / give us info on what a deer does during the rut.
c7
Old 10-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

At any givin time , and any given place, a deer will do whatever it wants to do.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Big John

At any givin time , and any given place, a deer will do whatever it wants to do.
Ill second this. You can have a vague idea of whata deer daily patterns are, but that is as close as you are going to get. I have seen slammer bucks feeding at noon, and I have also seen buck leaving a bed to feed in the AM.