Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Problem with flinching

Old 11-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Problem with flinching

Something that has worked well for me is just practicing the trigger pull. When the weather is bad outside and I don't have anything better to do, I make out a target and practice my form on the trigger pull. If your not comfortable dry-firing your rifle, use snap caps. When I first started, I noticed I was jerking high and to the right. My arm moved a little instead of just my finger. I just kept working on trying to keep my crosshairs on target. Now I don't seem to be having any problems.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:48 PM

Default RE: Problem with flinching

Try dry-firing a few times at around your house...then when you go to the range instead of closing the left eye to look through the scope, keep both eyes open and focus with the right eye. I have noticed that I personally 'shake' more when I am trying to close the left eye...but with both eyes open and slow pull on the trigger, I have been very consistent.