Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Bloopers

Old 10-25-2004, 05:05 PM

Default RE: Hunting Bloopers

quick question with you guys why dont you check the eyes of the deer that is an easy way to tell and jerseyjim why didnt you shoot the thing in the head if it was still breathing safer and it stops the suffering
Old 10-25-2004, 09:06 PM

Well I wasnt gonna tell this one but after reading all of ya'lls embarrasing moments I decided to share. I am the only woman hunter in our deer camp of 26 men. My husband is the camp owner. We had just got married when I started hunting on the lease. I had scouted this particular area for 2 weeks finally finding a good scrape line I hung my climber. Not knowing the area very well I marked my path to my stand with some toilet paper I had in my pocket. Then I waited for 2 days till opening morning. I woke up an hour early that morning due to excitement and couldnt wait to get going. Finally the time came to head out to my stand. Well I got to the area and found my markings and started walking. It was still pretty dark but I could see the white toilet paper very well. Well I walked and I walked and I walked for 30 min. I stopped and tried to remember just how long it had taken me to walk out 2 days before. Thinking I had not gone far enough I started walking again. Still following the toilet paper. Then I see something dark up ahead in front of me and I couldnt make it out so i turned on my flashlight and It was my truck. Now I am very confused. Thinking that I had somehow gotten turned around I decided to try it again. So by this time it is starting to get daylight and i can easily follow the paper trail. And I set off walking and walking. 30 min later I am right back at the truck. And very confused. I still can not figure out what happened. So I decide to go back to the camp cook some breakfast and wait for my husband. When I arrived back at the camp all the other members had hung toilet paper all over the camp house and a big sign that just said GOTCHA! It seems that after I came in they went out and turned my trail. That was 5 years ago and they are still playing tricks on me. But I have gotten them back a few times too. Like the time I made them chocolate pies made with exlax and stole all of there toilet paper. Lmao.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:10 PM

Here is a story not about myself, but about someone I know. A good many years ago this guy went out to hunt opening morning of the Wisconsin gun-deer season. After a Friday evening of drinking, I'm sure not feeling the greatest. With the need to take a crap he dropped his hunting overalls and did his business, a good beer crap. After being done he jumped up, pulled up his clothes and threw up his overalls, but he **** in his hood. It ended his hunt for the day, ended up throwing his cloths away and finding somewhere to shower. Wouldn't tell anyone where he went that morning for years.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2004, 06:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-26-2004, 11:13 AM

Wow, these are great. I'm 22 now and have been hunting with a gun for 14 years, and in the field for 19. I've had some great moments and some not so great moments. So I'll start telling a few. Oh, and by the way annieoakley, the exlax thing I'm sure was NOT funny, LOL. I got sick one day while turkey hunting and had to visit a log about every 10 minutes for over an hour. [:@] Not a good time, but it is funny to tell now.

My first story involves my wife who at the time was just girlfriend and decided to see what hunting was like. Unfortunately it was deer season and I warned her that deer season was not the most exciting, but she wanted to go regardless. So I took her out to the stand in the afternoon to see what we could get. She brought along a magazine despite much opposition from me, but of course I had no choice. She started it off well by getting scared of being 15 feet up on the platform stand I had and insisted she had to sit on the ground. Just perfect. So I tell her she can if she holds still and stays quiet. YEAH RIGHT.

The ground is hard, dry, and covered with oak leaves, so silence was out of the question. Every 5 minutes or less she shifted her position thus causing a ruckus right under me. Then she started feeling itchy and "buggy" and said that she didn't want to sit around anymore. Mind you we've only been there for 45 minutes. I'm getting pretty ticked and sick of the whole ordeal. She won't stop moving and whispering up to me despite all my threats to leave her in the woods. Finally, I got her to sit back down and look at her magazine. So, she proceeds to sit there and flip the nice white pages every minute or so for all the woods to see. She scared off squirrels, birds, coons, everything. At one point, a flock of turkeys came down the hill to get a drink at the pond I was watching, but of course they quickly saw her and made a raucous departure. At this point, she finally notices them and looks up and says "Hey, there's some turkeys!" NO, YOU DON'T SAY!!!! [:@]

Well, I figure this is an afternoon wasted and pretty much lose hope. I did get her to climb up there for a few minutes before we left and we saw a small doe, but I passed it.

All in all it was a one time experience. Everyone I told it to, especially her family, almost died laughing. I guess it is funny now. Never again will she go turkey or deer hunting; anything that involves sitting still and quiet for long periods. I want her to go duck hunting, but she doesn't want to get up early. Oh well, I need my time alone and guy time. She can stay at home and have fun with the girls.

Keep 'em coming!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Hunter Jere....next time a shot to the head will be the way it's done! It was a momentary laps of reason! Great GREAT Stories guys and gals! I find myself laughing out loud at work every hour or so when one of these stories pops into my head! Badhunter45 I know that lost feeling when trying to walk a straight line in the woods. I once started a drive at a river and 30 minutes later found myself at another river that looked disturbingly familiar! Somewhere along the way my straight line turned into a horse shoe! I hope to hear more!....JIm
Old 11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Just wanted to get this back up fron to see if we can get any new stories!...Sorry...LOL