Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Bloopers

Old 10-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Bloopers

A guy shot my deer when I was dragging it one year.
wow, i don't know what to say to that. amazing
Old 10-21-2004, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

A member of our old hunting club once crapped in his new Carhart jump suit, did not realize it and zipped it back up. The same member shot a deer and didn’t find it until a few days later. When he found it, he proceeded to gut a bloated deer. Disgusting.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

How does someone shoot a deer being dragged? Thats friggen scary! Great stories so far guys! I can't get the smile off my face!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:34 PM

This is my first post so I guess I'll be open and honest. Several years ago, I lived in Billings, MT. I, along with three members from our church, went hunting just out from Columbus just off the eastern slope of the mountians. We had spent the morning on Iron Mountian looking for deer. I didn't have a good pair of hunting boots so I wore an old pair of work boots. Up on the mountian there was a lot of snow and needless to say the boots I was wearing didn't provide a lot of traction. I spent most of the morning slipping and sliding and landing on my rear. To top it off, we didn't see a thing. We finally left the mountian and came back closer to Columbus and stopped to hunt on the other three's private land. Off the mountian, the weather was warmer and thank God, no snow. I climbed up a large hill, and I was literally wore out from the day. I looked and about 150 yards ahead, a young doe was running away. I tried to steady my gun, but my arms were shakening, so I decided to kneel down on one knee and rest my elbow on the other to attempt to steady my shot. Unfortuantely, I didn't look when I knelt down and I placed my knee square in a patch of prickly pear cactus. Needless to say, I forgot all about the doe and spent the next thirty minutes pulling stickers out of my knee.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the board Banjo! Thanks for the story....You'll find a lot of great stuff in this forum...I hope you enjoy!....Jim
Old 10-22-2004, 01:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jersey ,dont forget this is S.E Pa. The land of pumpkins in the woods. I was on one side of a steep hill dragging the deer,The idiot was across on the other side of the hill.To him he said it looked like it was walking down the hill. He actually came over and started arguing with me that I was stealing the deer he just shot. Yea right I said I quess it gutted itself and the thing was stiff already
Old 10-22-2004, 02:45 AM
Typical Buck

Cardeer I'm not saying I don't believe you I'm just saying THATS FRIGGEN SCARY! The fact that he still thought he killed it after is even MORE FRIGGEN SCARY!...LOL! ... Okay I have another story: A friend of mine got us permission to hunt with a bunch of the locals in Allamuchie NJ one time. It was all drives on this day and since my friend and I were outsiders guess who did most of the driving? Anyway on this one drive they sent us into this nastiest briar thicket you can imagine. In spots the briars were 6 or 7 feet tall and the only way through was on tiny little deer trails. The kind of stuff you lose your hat and a pint of blood every other step! After we get into this stuff about 15 or 20 yards the shooting starts so we both stop and stand still. I can see the top of my buddies hat about 20 yards to my right when all the sudden I hear this wierd sound in the briars in front of us. The deer were coming back through and they were coming fast! 2 doe's passed by me at about 5 feet and they were running with thier heads turned completly backwards! I guess it was to protect thier eyes while ripping through this stuff! I yelled over to my buddy "Did you see that?" Just then I realized I couldn't see his hat anymore and I could hear him laughing out loud. I yelled over "What happened" and he said while still laughing "I think Lawrence Taylor just came through" My buddy had been run into by a doe doing the same thing. It took him about 10 minutes to get back up Not because he was hurt but because he was stuck in the briars! That was the last time we hunted with those good O'l boys!
Old 10-23-2004, 04:52 AM

My story resembles the shirt that shows a guy "growing a tail" without a gun in his hand when a buck walks by. It started on the last weekend of hunting season. The day before we just got done butchering the deer we had shot from the previous weekend. I was heading back out into the woods to first dispose of the bones from the deer we had butched and of course to hunt. Anyone who leaves home and goes to deer camp knows that during that time you basically eat all junk food. Well, I ventured out to an old logging trail with the bones and gun when I figured I found a good spot to drop the remains for the coyotes, wolves,ect. Once I emptied the box I walked back to the truck to load my gun for some hunting when it hit. I had to go and had to go now. I sprinted about 15 yards off the trail near a small pine tree to relieve myself. It seemed like 15 minutes had passed until I felt emptied. Well, at 15 minutes and 1 second I stood up with my pants at my ankles and gun leaning against the tree beside me when I hear crashing through the woods. I first thought it was another vehicle coming down the logging trail. Here it was 5 does in a hurried walk about 10 yards from me. I slowly reached for my gun and brought the gun up for a shot when I caught something out of the corner of my eye. When I look over I see a spike buck slam on it's brakes staring at me. When I turned to a shooting position the buck was long gone and pants still at my knees. It was about the most exciting 20-30 seconds of my life. No shots were fired but I did feel better afterwards.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2004, 10:26 AM

LMFAO that was the funniest story i've ever read.. thats the most i've ever laughed! HAHAHAHAHA... god that is funny... lmfao... i still cant believe that happened... ROFL... srry i just cant stop laughing @ the story... it was a little long, but i wish it would've been longer! LMFAO GOOOOOOOOOOD STORY.. i hope your not that bad now lol

Quick Reply: Hunting Bloopers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.