Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Bloopers

Old 10-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-23-2004, 08:10 PM

Default RE: Hunting Bloopers

ya my first deer was last year, small spike buck, but hey its a deer.... anywayz ya that was a good story, but if you get time type up how u got your first deer, your a cool guy, so i can imagine it'll be funny, im only 14 so i aint got no stories yet anywayz.....
Old 10-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Trust me MNPheasanthumter you'll have stories. We all have stories. Great story Badhunter45! I just thought of another one. This is back when I first started hunting. I used to go to Pennsy to hunt with my uncle and cousin the first 2 days of the gun season. Now my uncle and his brothers were taught by my grandfather that hunting was for putting food on the table. These were tough times they were growing up in and after a day of hunting there better be food on the table or there would be hell to pay! With that said My uncles mind set was kill the deer at all costs. Fare chase was not his strong point! One year on the second day of the hunt we went back to my uncles house to eat lunch. While eating lunch a nice 6 point walks into my uncles back yard. Being the way he was my uncle is going to shoot the deer out his bathroom window. He runs to the back room to get his gun and throws a shell in. Running back to the bathroom he slips on the wet floor and falls head first into the bathtub. The gun fires and shoots through the top of the tub and through 8 or 9 storm windows on the outside of the house that he had taken out to clean and put up later in the week! That was the last time my old man let me stay with his brother for hunting. After my aunt got done with my uncle that was the last time he tried anything that stupid with a gun! He actually gave hunting up shortly after that! lol My uncle lives in Florida now and sticks to fishing!!!!! Thank God! Be smart and hunt safe!....Jim
Old 10-24-2004, 08:18 AM

lol smoooth... that would hurt... lol that would've been funny to see your uncle do that, it would suck but funny... ya im sure i'll have many memories, cause i aint gonna stop hunting no matter what.. i'll even skip a date with my g/f to hunt! hunting is the best thing ever made. 2 be its only 1 week or 2 weeks a year. Guess that means take your time and aim good and take the shot!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2004, 05:39 PM

MNPheasanthumter, I bet you will get some great stories and probably soon. About you missing dates with your girl friend well, im in the dog house because I hunted yesterday ( sat). O’ yeh by the way. hi yall, im new here. Well I have bin hunting since I was 3 ½ im now 16 ( yeh you read the right three and a half lol, well kinda hunting I used binoculars instead of guns until I was 6) so I have a few stories. Here’s one that happened about this time last night.

I hit the stand at twelve O’clock. I was hunting from a old climber. Well a uncomfortable 6 and half hours later a nice 6 pointer walks by he isn’t even 30 yard away. I go to line him up in my sights, CLANK my stand make a weird metallic noise. The buck ran off completely safe and left me uttering words my mom would like to think I don’t know. At the time I was royally ticked off but now I can only laugh.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: MNPheasantHunter

i'll even skip a date with my g/f to hunt! hunting is the best thing ever made.
Wait until you get the brilliant idea to take your girlfriend hunting. Yeah, I made the mistake and here's the story. Don't worry it's short.

First off, some of you may have healthy relationships hunting with your spouse or g/f. However, mine isn't. Before we were married my wife wanted to see what was so great about hunting. She decided she wanted to go with me one morning. We hunted on the ground. She had a blanket and a book. She decided to get comfy and close her eyes. After a while she was sleeping good. I didn't think much of it until after I shot. OOOPS!!! Needless to say, she never wants to go again. That was the longest day of my life. However, she did want to shoot my gun. So, I let her take a crack at the planters p-nut can. I think she imagined my face on the head of the nut (which is probably appropriate for not waking her before the shot) before she popped it dead on. I quickly took the gun away.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Spike

Good stories all! A few from my hunting memory bank:

1) Hunting deer with a friend of mine in the Wisconsin North Woods. Buddy has been putting out scent wicks with Tink's 69 poured on them, get's back to our little makeshift ground blind and we hunker down for a cold day of hunting. Half hour of silent scanning later, buddy goes into his pocket for a rootbeer barrel candy, which he has considerable trouble unwrapping. Finally gets the cellophane off and pops it into is mouth. One second later, he loudly spits the candy about 50 feet past the blind and begins spitting and coughing like he's dying. Seems the Tink's he got all over his gloves kinda clashed with the taste of rootbeer...

2) Went on my first guided hunt in Pike Co., IL, and heard the guides laughing about one older hunter who was really hard of hearing. He had been complaining on day three of the hunt that there were no deer coming by his stand at all, and was highly dubious of claims by other hunters of seeing does and bucks everywhere. Fourth day, two of the guides had sneaked up on the guy in his stand with one of the lodge's production video cameras, and had about two hours of footage showing the guy dead asleep and snoring away -- with two does coming right in during that time to see what the noise was about!

3) This one's embarassing: Same trip, in my tree stand, second day of hunting... Before climbing into the stand, dug into my fanny pack to get some things out, got all situated, then climbed the tree and got ready for first light. Fast forward three hours -- I'm fast asleep, head on my chest, when I hear a rustling noise that sounds at the same time really close and a hundred miles away. It's a curious sound, and as I'm coming to I realize it's gotta be a deer, and it's gotta be close by! So I'm trying to look without moving noticeably, but I can't see this deer anywhere. The rustling noise sounds like it's RIGHT THERE, but I can't see anything moving... finally, I just bring my head up and take a good look everywhere, and I catch a slight movement DIRECTLY BELOW ME... It's a doe, and she's just going to town on the apple in my sack lunch... which I inadvertently left at the base of the tree!

Oh, well... Hunting is my passion, even when I fluff it up! [8D]
Old 10-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-25-2004, 12:06 PM

This is probably a "had to be there" moment, but it was funny.

My first year hunting (I was 21, I’m now 24) I shot a nice 8 pointer at first light opening morning. I dropped right where I shot it. When I was sure it was dead, I called my friend who has been hunting for years to come help me dress it. So he came down and we talked for a little bit about it before he started dressing it. After he slit the belly open I decided I would help him and hold the legs open for him. Just so happened that at the same time I grabbed the leg he was re-adjusting his hat and not really paying attention and just saw the deer move out of the corner of his eye (but didn't see me move it) I've never seen him move so fast in his life!! He thought the deer was still alive and in one motion he did a backward summersault toward his gun because he was going to shoot it again. So the rest of the weekend we said he should be a surgeon because he can bring deer back to life by just cutting open the belly!
Old 10-25-2004, 02:59 PM

lol that would suck badhunter, lol that would be scary 2... whats that pic? is it in your woods... looks like a nice buck there... nice pic..

Quick Reply: Hunting Bloopers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.