Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 whats a good type  of hang on stand >

whats a good type of hang on stand

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

whats a good type of hang on stand

Old 10-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default whats a good type of hang on stand

I am looking at buying a hang on stand. Whats a good stand that wont cost to much?
Old 10-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Spike

Default RE: whats a good type of hang on stand

I have had good luck with Loc On brand stands I have had both the chain on and the sliding rope style. They are not the largest stands to hunt off of but they are pretty light and very portable.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:28 AM

sorry, didn't pay much attention... i started talking about my climber, not the hang on
Old 10-19-2004, 11:47 AM

I hunt out of several different latch-on stands. (Sorry, that's what I call em) I have several homemade ones that I welded and they work great. The best one I have purchased is probably the King-Kong. Its got a big platform and big seat and is very secure if placed on the tree correctly. They run about 80 bucks around here. You can actually get them at Wal-Mart. DO NOT get the Baby Kong unless you weigh about 100 pounds. They are small and get uncomfortable after a few hours. You can also purchase numerous accesories for the King-Kong. If you do decide to purchase one, make sure you put the stand up correctly. It's not one you just latch on and pull tight. It comes with a video. Swallow your pride and watch the darn thing, atleast when they're telling you how to put up the stand.