Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunters Deer log

Old 06-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunters Deer log

Does anyone know of any hunters deer log book that is a computer program? I would like the program to be able to put all of my hunting info suchs as deer sightings, harvested deer, stand locations, weather, etc...... into a searchable datebase.

I log all information everytime I enter the woods for me and anyone that I'm hunting with which helps in determine where I hunt on any given day. I have a log of all stands locations that have produce a kill or a shot opportunity and those that are not productive. I enter moon, time of hunt, wind, weather, # of deer seen, travel direction of deer, deer sign and when it starts to appear, rut activity, shot opportunities, scent used. Very Helpful
Old 06-22-2004, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunters Deer log

I'm going to use this one this fall since it's free and can be accessed anywhere....

www.huntinglog.com

If you do a search you'll find at least a few programs out there. Some free, some not, some better than others and some really cheesy.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

thanks Jason...... where is Warren, PA? We have a deer camp in Forest Lake, Susquhanna CTY, PA.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:48 AM

Another thing you can do is create a spreadsheet, and include the information in different columns. Then you could sort the information any way you want to get trends.

Something to consider....

I live in Gouldsboro, PA, I don't know where Forest Lake is??

T
Old 06-22-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Warren is about 165 miles due West of Forest Lake.....you're in the NE corner of the state and I'm in the NW. I noticed there is a place called Warren Center that's only about 12 or so miles NW of you....maybe that sounded familiar! Oh, and it's really farther as I just took an 'as-the-crow-flies' measurement for both! Glad I could help though!
Old 06-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep a log on everything i hunt, memories, smells, wind, weather everything you can think of, even what flowers are in season. There is a particular vine that grows these white pretty flowers, and if they are not out yet the i know that turkey season is early and if they have already bloomed and fell off the vine then turkey season is about over and that was what happened this year no flowers......no gobbling, birds dont need to talk anymore. Learned this just last year and it works where i hunt. I like to keep entries also for my kids to read when they get my age
Old 06-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Tomster

Another thing you can do is create a spreadsheet, and include the information in different columns. Then you could sort the information any way you want to get trends.

Something to consider....

I live in Gouldsboro, PA, I don't know where Forest Lake is??

T
Thanks but that assumes I am computer smart! LOL Forest lake is up in the NE corner its is 15 mins from Montrose, PA or about 25 miles from Binghampton NY