Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 mule deer and white tail in the 200 class >

mule deer and white tail in the 200 class

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

mule deer and white tail in the 200 class

Old 05-24-2004, 09:53 PM

Default mule deer and white tail in the 200 class

If I had a white tail deer and a mule deer in the 200 class, Where would I go to sell it to serious buyers? I know ebay there are a lot of people selling their horns-but the ones I have --I would have to have some serious cash to be able to let them go?
Old 05-24-2004, 11:41 PM

Default RE: mule deer and white tail in the 200 class

In Texas they have antler/mount auctions in which the only thing they sell are mounts and horns. I went to one several years back and there were some serious buyers there. There were alot of guys from out of state who flew in for the auction. I dont know about your area, but I'm sure there are auctions like that up there. Or you could run an add in your newspaper and/or in the newspaper of the biggest city around your area.

I've also seen mounts at gun shows and Taxidermist studios down here that were selling whitetail mounts. The last 2 whitetail mounts that I saw each scored in the upper 170's, they had just been mounted that year by one of the best taxidermist in the state, and they each had a price tag off $7,500. That guy probably didnt get that, but I'm sure he got close to it.