Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

White tail deer video

Old 09-21-2006, 03:21 PM

Default White tail deer video

I went out the back door to feed the deer a couple days ago and the head honcho buck just walked right up to me. With 11 points in my face I moved pretty slow, but luckily I had my little camera with me as I was filming them getting used to their new horns. They've just lost the velvet on their horns, and are starting to get frisky.

Here's a link to the videos I took that day,
http://www.sailingtexas.com/Movies/Deer/11pointer.html
Old 09-21-2006, 04:25 PM

Default RE: White tail deer video

wow for being wild those deer are pretty friendly. Cool footage. How did you get them to first come up to you?
Old 09-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Wow thats pretty cool. You can kind of tell their still wild deer cause they are a little skiddish but other then that they seem to be pretty comfotable around you. Do you hunt or just like to admire the animals.Or a bit of both.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Cool videos.

The 11 point has a double main beam on one side.

That is kinda cool.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:17 PM

The bucks are more skittish than the does, and I didn't expect the head man to come up. He's only done it twice. Usually we just put the food out on the ground, we've had a drought and they were getting pretty skinny, so we're trying to get some meat on them before season starts. Love that venison sausage.

Yes, the 11 pointer has two beams on the right, the main horn goes up and then down and splits, with the forward beam larger. Could this be because of a previous injury?

Old 09-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Real nice videos! Like that double beam! Don't know if I can hand feed, pet them and go out and shoot them.I have many here on my property, but drive 800 miles round trip to shoot one!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:10 PM

My wife has a way with animals, they seem trust her right away. I just put food out and move slow, seems they like her but just put up with me at times. Most of them won't come close but there are a few that seem to have no fear, mostly does. They're not all the same, they all seem to have their own temperment.
Here's a video I took of the 11 pointer and Alison from a couple of days ago,
http://sailingtexas.com/Movies/Deer/11pointer2.html
My wife has some deer videos on her website too, among other things. Some of hers are different from mine.
http://www.music4musicians.com/deerjuly21.htm
I know those of you on dial up probably don't have the time to see the videos, so here's a pick of old 11 so you can sort of see the unusual rack with two right beams.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:30 PM

Nice! Do you think they would notice if you snuck a handgun in with you?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:35 PM

Very cool video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:35 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Piebalddoe

wow for being wild those deer are pretty friendly. Cool footage. How did you get them to first come up to you?
[/quote
ya they are real friendly

Quick Reply: White tail deer video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.