Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Issue of the law...

Old 01-29-2004, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Issue of the law...

Stump_MN_Hunter,

I beg to differ, breaking the law is still breaking the law. Your right you could just get a ticket speeding, well if the game warden gave him a fine, isn't that the same thing? He'll probably do it again and you will probably speed again, even after the fine.

Also, the reason why 55 is legal limit, it's a known fact that speeding kills, therefore, you are taking your life and those you may hit into your own hands.

A law is a law is a law. Also, I was using it as an example, not to justify what this kid was doing. Yes he needs to be set straight and use other alternatives than the one he choose. Some people would rather break the law and shoot animals out of season than ask for assistance. The animal was provided by nature and free for the taking, why should a government agency tell me when they can hunt and not hunt? If you were lost in the woods and needed food and trapped a rabbit, cooked it, and a game warden show up and saved you, shouldn't he also fine you for killing that rabbit out of season? Somethig to ponder....

T

T
Old 01-29-2004, 09:34 AM

Why don't we cut to the chase on this! Two wrongs never equal a right. No state in this country would prosecute someone for "surviving" in a "true survival" situation. And very, very, very, few poachers need to poach to "support a family". Most do it for ego......yes ego! They are a "great hunter"....(in their mind). And in every case I've ever known personally....these people had the means to feed their family...they just chose to spend their money on other things....and "steal the wildlife"!

It is the same convoluted logic being applied here that allows the leader of the greatest nation on earth to sit in front of TV cameras and comment, "it depends on what the definition of is, is". It is sorry, it is amoral, and it is "childish". Instead of accepting responsibility......make excuses! Frankly I'm disgusted with the sheer number of people in this country that are willing to make excuses, (while keeping a straight face), for just about every and any kind of behavior! And I am thankful to still have the freedom to at "least" decide with whom I'd share a campfire with!

P.S. On the whole.....what a sorry a**ed group of people we have become! Thank goodness there are still some that know the difference between right....and wrong!
Old 01-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

It amazes me how we can argue over what's breaking the law.

Hunting out of season ...poaching very simple

speeding for what ever reason is still speeding still very simple. Get caught speeding with a good excuse and while the cop might laugh he'll still write the ticket
Old 01-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

for those of you that want to report him, i have to disagree. family story here:
my grandparents had a farm here in vt., and raised 16 kids. while i am not certain how many kids they had when this was going on, it must have been quite a few. starting around august, every two weeks either my grandfather or one of the boys would have to go out, and shoot a deer, so that the family could have meat for the table. this went on for a very long time, and i would be fairly certain even over the period of a few years( guessing about that.). now one day, the neighbor came up to see what the shooting was that she always heard. my grandfather told her straight out what was going on. she asked what kind of gun he had, and left. she returned later with ammo for the gun, telling him that while she disapproved of poaching, she understood that he was only putting food on the table for his family. now, the boys didn't grow up to be outlaws, and there were eleven of them, so the story that some of you had suggested that start with small game, then 7-11, just doesn't hold water, at least in this case. you might be surprised at the boys story, it could be very similar to my family's. and as far as assisstance goes, believe me, it doesn't go very far. keep track of your own grocery bill some month, and then take half of that, and try to shop, for a month's worth of food for your family. take out most of what you have stored away first. on the second or third week tell me if you are tired of grilled cheese or macaroni every day. been there, done that, dropped a deer, and i wasn't even on assistance, but holding down a full time job! a friend of mine asked me why, and i had to tell him" you know, i just couldn't take macaroni and cheese any more". and i sure as heck wasn't living beyond my means, hell, i didn't even have a bed, just an eggshell cushion on the floor. so, reserve judgement unless you know the entire story.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:17 AM

How many years ago was this? Why in the world would you have 16 kids.....if you couldn't feed them? Our little town is full of single mothers....that don't have the means to support their children. The first step in assuming responsibility is to not exceed your ability to provide for the mouths you bring into the world!

We can sit here and come up with a story to justify just about any law you'd care to break. Guess what.....it still doen't make it right! We are very good "moral relativists" anymore. Whatever happened to "right".....and "wrong"!

How responsible are you if you are breeding children you can't feed? (Don't compare what happened two, three, four, generations ago with today.....and then excuse inappropriate behavior. The great depression was one thing...2004 is something all together different. (With all the God blessed money government takes from me in taxes for social programs today.....don't tell me you can't get help! My a**!)

And don't ask for an opinion.....and then when you don't like it....tell me not to be judgemental. Talk about sanctimonious!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:18 AM

I'd take the kid in as my own........

He deserves a chance at life
Old 01-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry kid ,
but rules are rules , and they apply to all . Parents , expect a visit from CPS in the near future .
Old 01-29-2004, 10:28 AM

And I did notice you said a grandparent. Where were the parents? If something happened to the parents.....like accidental death.....or war loss....that I'd understand! But other than that.....where were the parents? And I can only assume it must have been a handful of parents.....with 16 kids!

Something tells me we are not getting the entire story! Why?

P.S. kevin1....I'm not talking to you...sorry about the (in reply to.....) above, this is in reply to vtbuckrulrss.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Again Akbound you have hit the nail on the head!
Right is right and wrong is wrong! Also you are right about being responsible for those you bring into this world!
And I will stand by my robbing 7-11's statement! Maybe in this particular case, the kid doesn't grow up to be an outlaw. However, in most cases, learning to break one law leads to breaking others!
After all, by today's logic, whats the difference? Can't afford food, so I'll steal wildlife! Can't afford food, so I'll rob someone! Stealing is stealing! If you justify one, you'll be capable of justifying the other!
Old 01-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Also, too much pride to ask for assistance or ask to do an odd job, and yet you are not too proud to steal! Somethings wrong with that picture!

Quick Reply: Issue of the law...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.