Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What should I look for in binos? >

What should I look for in binos?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What should I look for in binos?

Old 01-04-2004, 01:04 PM

Default What should I look for in binos?

I am looking at spending $200-300 on a pair of binos...what kinds of things should i look for...I read somewhere that they should have phase coating...can anyone help me?
Old 01-04-2004, 02:11 PM

Default RE: What should I look for in binos?

go to a local outdoor shop and tell them what you need they usually can help.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What should I look for in binos?

Check out Pentax binos they come with a lifetime warranty and are in that price range. I have bought 3 pair through MPS in Saskatoon, but Wholesale Sports handle them as well. I have been pleased with mine and used CS twice in the past 10 years and they have been excellent, always fixing or replacing no questions asked(Both times I dropped my 12x50's[], so I expected to have to pay something but notta).

I bought a pair of Bushnell Legend Compacts this fall for archery hunting and they are clear/bright, waterproof & priced good. Wholesale has these as well in various power, style and obejectives they would be another to consider in your price range.

I also recommend you look into buying Bino Buddies as well...great product for hunting. Wholesale sells them for 17.99.

PS....Either place will let you look through the nocs outside(just ask!) I checked them out in broad daylight and in the fading light to make sure they would be good for hunting.