Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

climbing stand

Old 01-03-2004, 08:57 PM

Default climbing stand

i recently got a catalog on the tree lounge......awesome looking tree climber...weighs only 19 lbs...............any one here use one of these and if so, do you like it....
Old 01-03-2004, 09:15 PM

Default RE: climbing stand

lot of people say that the tree lounge is to big .if i was you i would look into the summit line on climbers.my summit viper is so sweet ,easy to climb,quiet,you can go to sleep in it.but i have a buddy that bought one thru it in the garage .to heavy to bulky.summit the way to go.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:52 AM

if you have never used a climber ; I would say go to a Bass-Pro or Cabales or a good sporting store and check out all the stands they have so you can see them all.
Most of them have a lot of stands on display so you can try them.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:40 AM

Yeah.........That stand may weigh 19 lbs. alright...........Stripped down to nothing, that is. By the time you add the bow holder, bow hunting adapter, and all of the other goodies, it will weigh alot more. I was suckered into buying the first or original model model. I think they said it only weighed 23 lbs. or something like that. By the time I added all of the goodies to it, which, in the video of the first model is how they try to portray it, it weighed twice to three times that. But, not to worry, once set on the tree, it does work well and is very comfortable. It is just a giant pain in the a$$ to haul around for the amount of money I spent on it. Loud and not very portable at all. The hollow aluminum tubing is a megaphone of noise when trying to attatch the back peices to a tree. Nothing worse, or more impossible than trying to run threaded bolts thru a hollow tube of aluminum and try to be quiet.

My advice is this... If you are going to purchase a TreeLounge, attatch it to the tree you will be hunting out of, well before the season........Or.......Just buy a different stand. I would suggest the latter.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Summit Viper, hands down.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:23 AM

two words , lone wolf
Old 01-04-2004, 09:31 AM

thanks for the input on the tree lounge.........sounds like i should look at other models......this being my first year hunting deer, i'm hoping this site will help me next year, i am learning a lot as i go, thanks for all your guys help.....
Old 01-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

The original Treelounge is a great stand. While it does weigh a lot, it is a very safe and comfortable stand! As to being noisy, if you practice setting it up, it sets up with ease and I have moved it from tree to tree in one afternoons time and after getting comfortable, I've had deer come right out under me. So it wasn't too noisy for them!
I will say look at some of the others on the market today, I've heard some bad things about the new Treelounge and very good things about some of the other brands! Good luck!
Old 01-04-2004, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

I made a big mistake a few weeks ago. A local guy was selling a brand new Tree Lounge for $150, evidently he didn't like it. Being it was Xmas time I didn't want to invest the money. I should have bought it because I could have doubled my money on Ebay by reselling it!!!!!!

Lone Wolf fan here!
Old 01-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

In the past few years I have used a Summit Bushmaster, API Grand Slam, Lone Wolf Sit & Climb and now I'm back to the Summit Viper. All have their good points but the Summit Viper suited me the best.

Quick Reply: climbing stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.