Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Reality Check Time..No Record! >

Reality Check Time..No Record!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Reality Check Time..No Record!

Old 12-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Banned

Default RE: Reality Check Time..No Record!

Does it make me a bad person if I try to be objective about these things. I'm not here to be anyones back slapper. I don't take things at face value especially in this day and age. But I also look into the facts before I challenge what has been posted. And more often than not, the claims are grossly exaggerated. You think I'm just sitting here on my little Island formulating hypothesis? I get on the phone and talk to people in my network. Not everyone just sits around their little area and hunts within 50 miles of home. Some of us get around a little more than that. So before you shoot your mouths off and get on my case for challenging the facts, look back at the threads I've contested. Appears to me like I was right about all of them.....Zaft and Rompola being amongst them. Go figure. I stand by my remarks.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you have pics of your deer. We'd love to see them.

Of course Eastwood would say they are fake.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

factoid for you:

Quote from White Raven's post: subsequently been re-scored......194 as a non-typical. THIS IS THE NET SCORE. In other words the deer only makes the book by 4 inches. That's some record....NOT!!!!!! Later.

Of course you know that B&C alltime awards min for NT is 195 not 190.(Book) But considering it was taken with a bow and if the recent ruling does not include retro than unfortunately it won't make either book. If it does go retro then it easily makes P&Y book with a NT min. of 155.

I am sure that if he want to get it scored typical it would make the P&Y with ease.
Any animal that makes the book is considered a record animal, you know why they RECORD it, even if just barely beating the min. the fact remains it is a trophy animal! The original post never stated it was a record overall but potentially a record with velvet on it...again I fail to see why this is such a hard thing to swallow for some[>:].
Old 12-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Banned

Thanks Skeeter for correcting me regarding mimimum score for non-typicals. Looks like this one doesn't even qualify for B&C. You know the same bunch of people that are getting on my case here also took issue with the fact that I said that Zaft would not be the next P&Y typical due to the fact that the G3 will be scored as an abnormal point. Well these people came along, putting me down, called me names and did basically what you're seeing here. And guess what. they were wrong abut that too. I love it. Skeeter calling something a record because it has velvet on it does not occur. The rack is merely listed within the category to which it belongs according to it's score. You have to remember one thing here. Every deers antlers have velvet on them at one point in time. Because you harvest one that has it still means you have to give it special consideration? P & Y sure as heck doesn't. Neither should we. It's just another nice non-typical amonst thousands..only diff is this one has the velvet on it. There's been tens (10's)of deer shot this year alone that score better than that one. The score is 194...velvet or no velvet, its not a record.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

WR we still await the pics of your deer, oh by the way are they in the record book or are they canned hunt deer?
Old 12-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

oh by the way are they in the record book or are they canned hunt deer?
Taz you devil!

I was waiting to see the pics to ask that!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Oh I have a feeling we will see some pics from him, I just wonder what web site he will down load them from that no one will catch him on! Oh I know, he could give us the page numbers and his name to where we can look them up in the B&C or P&Y record books, now that would be proof!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I understand there isn't a seperate cat for velvet animals but the fact remains they do annotate it with the * and if this deer did fit number #1 in this unclassified area then the original post had merit...and to some they find it interesting to note it was velvet. Take a look at the response about wow in velvet and you'll realize that taking a trophy animal with moss is anything but a typical hunting season fro most.

As to the basics lesson of every deer has velvet...c'mon WR! We didn't need you to tell us that!!!! For many they don't have the opportunity to hunt deer in the velvet stage so it is a big deal.

As to all the other hub bub about how right you were, I remember the posts and the only thing I stated was lets give credit to the animal and forget the hunter for once! Hey the deer lived to grow them and all we did was get lucky and snuff out his life....and yet we think we really accomplished something[:'(]. Oh don't get me wrong harvesting a trophy animal is a real accomplishment but we wouldn't be in this position if we gave the rec. to where it was due!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Just so the rest of you guys know for your information.............I thought I recognized the handle "White Raven" from another message board.......I could be wrong, but if my memory serves me correctly I believe all of her posts were removed from the "Bowsites" message boards.

If I am correct.......again, I could be wrong......but if I am correct I think that there were alot of arguments started on that web board regarding Zaft and Rompola and the handle "White Raven" was in the middle of it all until the posts were removed.

Like I said in my previous post, I'm not looking to get into any arguments or anything, but it seems that every time a big buck is posted she is the first to discredit it. Why do we need to argue among ourselves so much?? Why can't we just all get along?
Old 12-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

WR ,
don't let these guys ride ya . BTW , never mind the deer pics , post some of yourself ! (Heavy breathing)

Quick Reply: Reality Check Time..No Record!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.