Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

doe pea expiration date

Old 12-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Spike

Default doe pea expiration date

Any one know how long tinks #69 last in the bottle or any other brand. Wally world has a lot on cheap close out and I wanted to know if it wil last until next year.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:07 PM

Default RE: doe pea expiration date

Should be good if kept refrigerated but not frozen.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you need tyo taste it to be 100% sure.[8D]
Old 12-09-2003, 05:48 PM

hmmmm kind of pungent yet fruity ,yup its still good lmao!!!
Old 12-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Spike

Got this from Tinks.
Thought ya'll would like to know. Make a run for Wally world. Sport's authority has a bunch on sale and usually does not draw too many of us hunting type.

Ren,

Thanks for your email. To answer your question Tink's #69 or any other ot Tink's deer lures will last from year to year as long as the caps are tight and you store it out of direct sunlight. Try to keep it in a cool place. Air will break down urine so make sure the caps are tight.

Regards,

Terry Rohm
Tink's
800-624-5988

Category: Tink's Hunting Products
Title:
Name: ren ramsey
Company:
Street Address: 904 parkwood rd
City, State Zip: shelby nc 28150
Telephone: 704-482-7765
Fax:
Email: [email protected]
Host IP: 216.10.179.81
Comments: What is the shelf life of #69. Will it be good for next
year if I do not use it all. Will unopened bottles last until next year.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Unless synthetic they will all diminish over time and especially if opened. I was told last fall by several scent companies that use "real urine" in the formulas that if you kept cool and placed a wax seal on the cap(just melt candle wax and let it cool - this will prevent any air entering the bottle) it would keep for a season but it may not have the same level of effectiveness as fresh stuff. Some manufacturer's actually reccomended to freeze the sealed container and then thaw but use immediately (this method would be good for about 10-14 days and only be done once). So really what is the real scoop???? Of course much has been said about really how fresh it is in the first place & really are you getting what they say you get! I would think you should be ok buying a supply for next year, I would check the expiration date to ensure it ain't real old stuff first. I would not personally buy a whack of it in hopes of using over several season though, just to save a few bucks...I mean think about how much we spend a year on hunting what is a few more buck in scents if we choose to incorperate them in our tactics??? For me it is synthetics only from now on, I just don't buy that anything harvested is fresh and really find it hard that it is infact anything more than regular doe p with something added possibily to help attract bucks. In this case wouldn't a synthetic be a better choice?? Pee in a bottle seal it and open it a few months, tell me it smells fresh and not rank!!!!

No I don't work for a scent company, I just have reservation about how this stuff is marketed. If it is at all true how they get the scent then why would any manufacturer state it will be fine if kept cool/sealed in a dark place...opening the bottle to dispense the scent will let air in and diminish the values...storing an expired product will only reduce its productivity or use. Would you drink milk from last year if I told you it is fine to keep it fridged and sealed..common sense says no!

Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Skeeter, Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night or what Dude?
Old 12-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ROTFLMAO..I guess I did charlie