Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I think i found his bed!

Old 12-04-2003, 06:20 PM

Default I think i found his bed!

i hunt a 215 acre farm with two other guys. this is their second year on the property and my first. i actually just got permission the day before gun season, so i have been kindof hunting by the seat of my pants. not really knowing any good buck areas.

all i have seen are several does and a couple big spikes, but the other guy said that he say a group of 12 or 13 crossing the river the other day, with a couple nice bucks in there.

so i got to thinkin(that is dangerous) but the river raps around three little fields that have wheat straw grown up in them with some thick small cover trees that make up a hedge row between the fields.

however, when i mention to them that i was going to go back and check out the spot they said "aw we never see deer back there" and i know they don't hunt back there so...

i strolled back there and found three good trails going from the woods through the fields headed right to the hedge rows within those trails i found two or three BIG OLE TERD LOGS

so now i have my spot for in the morning
Old 12-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I think i found his bed!

sounds food... i mean good to me... hope it brings you luck
Old 12-04-2003, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck
Old 12-04-2003, 06:46 PM

good luck on your new spot, and hopefully you prove them wrong
Old 12-04-2003, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

You just did some excellent scouting. I wish you well on the hunt!
Old 12-05-2003, 07:47 AM

Click, you are very wise. I am quite confident that indeed you found the King-Sized bed we all dream about. Make sure you have proper conditions. More than likely you will only get one chance to make your dream a reality. Good luck. Keep us posted.[8D]
Old 12-05-2003, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow I have a similar situation. I know for sure where he's bedding. I watched him the last 3 times I've been out in the middle of a big swail lot. My problem is I can't set up on any trails leading to and from it because that land is posted. So I've been sitting on the other edge of it and he doesn't want anything to do with that side. Good luck hope you get him
Old 12-05-2003, 08:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's good advice Ifferd told you. Too many people get too stuck in their honey holes. If you scout and you see sign, go for it. I love listening to people that have hunted that land for 100 years and are telling me there's no deer there. hehehhehehehehe. Only to take a nice buck out of it. Some advice is good to get a general idea of what deer have historically done on a particular piece of land, but deer don't always do what they are supposed to do.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:42 AM

Good luck- just as iffred and NY Bowhunter said they-deer- dont always do what they are soposed to, or for that matter do what WE want them to (as you sure know)do. keep eyes open and good luck!-hope your hunt is tag filling.