Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Down and Found

Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Down and Found

Well my two Daschund "trackers" come through again. Buddy of mine stuck a fine, fat doe yesterday afternoon about 03:30 p.m., but lost the trail after she hit a creek. He let ehr lay foir about an hour before starting his tracking, and had looked for about a hour before calling me. I put my old pro, Tex (15 yr. old) and Mojo ( 4 year old) on the blood trail and in about 30 minutes we were dragging her to the road. She had been hit a tad high and back of "ideal" and had made it about400-500 yards. She had hit the creek and traveled downstream in it for about 75 yards before climbing out and heading into thethicket where we found her.The creek was about 8 feet wide, with back walls about 2 ' higher than the water line, andabout 2 ft. of slow moving water. Tex wanted to get in and go, but he's a bit slow these days and waited for me to take him across. Mojo didn't hardly check up. He dida belly buster and swam on across while I waded across carrying Tex.It was neat to watch then work out the creek crossing.